I finally got to see Icon today, and I resisted most of it

Turbokittykat

I thought I would want one of the beauty powders because of the compact, but actually it didn't appeal to me. It seemed very plasticy in real life, the design was a bit garish and it looked like the design would scratch really easily and ruin the look of the compact.

I also thought I might like the studio lights and I had both Sand and Tender Glow shortlisted to look at. In fact I didn't like them. They didn't seem that useful and Sand was too dark anyway. I didn't think they did much for me, so I scrubbed those from my list.

Lichen was pretty, but nothing special and the blushcremes didn't wow me enough to buy one at a time when money is really short. Dusk is also very pretty, but I am sure I have something similar already. Sable is also pretty but I think it's too dark for me.

I also managed to get 3 of the lipsticks with B2M despite what I've been reading all over the place about MACs new policy.

So, all things considered, if I have a little money to spend in the next couple of weeks all I am really interested in is the Thunder Eyes quad. I may also get one of the lacquers, although I don't really need any more lip colours.

Sarah

I resisted it all on thursday and yesterday, nothing appealed to me AT ALL well actually I did have my eye on the thunder eyes quad both times I've looked at it but I just can't make my mind up.

sbetsy

I didn't totally resist - I bought thunder and 2 lippies (strawberry blond and a rose) but I'm totally in agreement with you on the studio lights and beauty powders.

liquidsirenhoney

nothing really impressed me i wanted to get something but i just felt it would never get used, the compacts looked to cheap so i passed on those, i was hoping at least i would like them...

glittergoddess27

While I didnt like the compact,.. the beauty powder Tahitian Sand did look really good on me,. I also got Dusk l/g but other than that I had gone expecting to drop a lot more than that,.... I shocked myself on this one,.. not quite as much as when I really was anti-Naturall Eccentric,.. Oh well,.. got some good things to look forward to real soon

asnbrb

I did pick up a blot powder since I needed one anyway and the Thunder quad even though I have Sketch already. The compact does look a little... much, but it's a kooky change from the matte black ones (and I like kooky). When I run out, I'll probably switch back to matte black.

mel0622

haha that was like me yesterday. i was there and i was gonna get elegant peach and strawberry blonde. but then i was just like 'ehhh i'll pass'.