I got the job now what?

makeupbyemmali

I just got hired at MAC (insert heavenly choir music now). I am super excited and I'm just waiting to get my employee number. I got hired as a 12 hour employee. and the job is about a 45 min drive away. I had a few questions though and I hope someone can answer them for me. after I applied I did as I be live most people do and started doing some digging. I did look up the average starting pay and it was a certain dollar amount all across the bored but when hired i was told I was starting at a lesser amount than what I had seen. I don't have a problem with that at all because this really is a dream of mine. however I want to know about how long it take to get a raise in pay. second question is were can I find trendy all black clothing that I can wear to work. I'm a single mom so I don't have alot of money. any suggestions. last thing what items should I purchase for my self for work like what are the most popular or versatile items. i only have a few lipsticks. thanks!

jazzyjaz12

Usually pay raises happen once a year it depends on how well u been doing they will sit down n do the yearly review with you - as far as clothing just go to Ross Marshall's target by cute black stuff and just accessorize!!!

Ruby_Woo

Rate of pay is different based on region, and experience. When I was hired 5 years ago, it was a dollar less for my region. It just depends, if you have good productivity and overall review thats what determines your annual merit increase.

ChrissyMichelle

What is the rate of pay at MAC? I am having a hard time finding the pay rate for the Estee Lauder position I am about to interview for. Even if all Makeup counters pay different amounts it would be nice to have an idea of the pay range. Thanks, Chrissy

tattletale

What is the rate of pay at MAC? I am having a hard time finding the pay rate for the Estee Lauder position I am about to interview for. Even if all Makeup counters pay different amounts it would be nice to have an idea of the pay range. Thanks, Chrissy
it varies by region so that is why you cant find it. also employees are not allowed to discuss pay rates. just know that they pay very well

EnFuego4719

I worked for MAC for more than 8 years, but rate also depends on where you work (MAC store vs. Dept Store and even within, it depends on which one - Nordstrom for example, you're paid by them and they are set based on levels within the department, and there you get commission, too). Definitely factor in the discount at the store, too, cause if you're makeup-obsessed or do a lot of freelance stuff, that makes a BIG diff.

EnFuego4719

As far as all black clothes, White House Black Market is great for that, but I must admit they are a little pricey when not on sale. Might I also suggest vintage/resale shops. Look up ones that are in funky areas or affluent towns. Then you can find great deals and stuff everyone else won't be having. Good luck, Emmali! I remember the thrill of getting the MAC job, too! Feels great.

Chrystia

Some cheap easy places to grab some good starter MAC clothes are H&M, Forever 21, NY & Company. However, if you are planning on long term MAC employment I do recommend slowly stocking up on good quality black clothes that don't fade and get wrecked in a few wash cycles.

I have a lot of basics that I keep from American Apparel, GAP, Express etc. Leggings, Classic tops, good solid black pants and skirts etc. Things that pretty much will work with any season or change in style that fashion takes. That way your basic core look is timeless and you can dress it up based on what is new and in. I have invested in nice quality boots/shoes in time, but when I first started I just bought some black shoes at Charlotte Russe etc to have some options. But your clothes go through some wear and tear there so long term it is better to get some good quality stuff that lasts.

damasterstylist

I just got hired as a freelancer with mac also I'm waiting on my employee number. I'm so excited. It's was fast and easy. Everybody in here talked about several interviews. I only did a demo and was called in to do my paper work. I'm really hoping to become permanent in the future