I got the Mineralize Foundation Loose!!!

mollyv6

OK, while I am excited over Heatherette like everyone else, I am even more excited that I finally got the Mineralize Foundation Loose. I posted the ingredients in the color story discussion thread. I really hope that this works for me because I have wanted it since I first heard about it here on Specktra. So far it seems great, no heavy look, not super shiny and best of all it doesn't exaggerate my flaky areas (I have a lot).
th_DANCE.gif

elegant-one

Oh I am soooo excited about these! I can't wait. Like you, i want it really bad. Is it really as nice as those that have tried it say? Did you wear mineral mu before that you can compare?
TIA

mollyv6

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Oh I am soooo excited about these! I can't wait. Like you, i want it really bad. Is it really as nice as those that have tried it say? Did you wear mineral mu before that you can compare?
TIA

I have worn BE, I have tried Everyday Minerals and I have worn Laura Mercier. I think this (when applied with the capplicator) is very nice, however I had to tap the powder onto the sponge about 5-6 times to get my desired coverage. I do want to note that even though there are many slots for the powder to come out, it is so not messy like the tap into the lids and swirl your brush kinds. The capplicator idea is genius, keeps the powder contained and eliminates the need for a separate applicator. The cap twists onto the powder container base and locks into place, so it should be great for carrying around or traveling. As far as appearance, I prefer very natural looking makeup and I hate fluid foundations b/c I have never found any that looked like I didn't have makeup on or that wouldn't flake on my dry areas or grab onto my pores on the sides of my nose. Now, with MAC's I haven't tried using a brush so I cannot speak to the coverage with that, but those wanting more coverage may not love the capplicator unless you really pile it on. It blends beautifully and doesn't look thick and glimmery if you know what I mean. The other mmu's I have tried always seemed to go on super heavy and thick and were hard to tone down, even LM, which blends better than most IMO. MAC's seems to be more natural and I examined myself in a magnifying mirror and it still looks like my skin, not makeup. Now, I will have to update on the wear after a couple of days but I HTH.

aziajs

So does the packaging look light Philosophy's mineral makeup? I am trying to get a visual of the capplicator.

elegant-one

The packaging is nice. I ordered it on-line, but I got a Nordstroms cosmetics catalog yesterday and it shows all the powders & the container. Its a sleek black container with an indented handle for holding and the applicator is inside that handle. I wrote the description they had with the ad in the color story thread.

coachkitten

I can't wait to get this tomorrow at Nordy's. I was excited to see that on Nordstrom.com that they had the "Light" shade. I thought that someone said that was an International color only. I am praying that this stuff works because BE doesn't work for me at all!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I can't wait to get this tomorrow at Nordy's. I was excited to see that on Nordstrom.com that they had the "Light" shade. I thought that someone said that was an International color only. I am praying that this stuff works because BE doesn't work for me at all!

the light shade launches with the collection, but it won't be restocked when it sells out. then it will be international only.

thewickedstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_supra
How similar is it to the MSF naturals?

I got it today, and I posted a little in the color story thread. Also I posted swatches comparing it to my MSFNs.
http://specktra.net/f217/mac-mineral...natural-93768/

I found that my MSFs could occasionally get cakey or a flaky in spots; the Mineralize didn't do that. It disappeared into my skin better. My real skin shows through more, probably because I applied it with the capplicator as opposed to the MSFs (which I apply with a 182, kabuki, or 129). It's a much lighter and more natural finish.

This is my first MMU so I need to experiment with it a bit and I'm not sure how it suits me yet, but I'm going to post my FOTD tomorrow and everyone can give me their opinion. I think I'm going to end up liking it just because it's so natural and I like a really fresh look.

lipstik

I already love the MSFN (light medium) and this looks tempting but I just have such an aversion to loose powders (I tried BE and EM and it was disastrous!).

glassy girl

Well i got this when it first came out at nordstrom and i was not as happy as i thought i was going to be maybe cuz i like more full coverage and this one u really have to put alot on for more coverage i guess im use to philoshophy mineralize its full coverage with very little product. Also it kinda irritated my skin a bit. Maybe its just me.