I HATE my new uniform at work! Need makeup suggestions!

MelVegas12

Well... I just got a job working at a high scale italian resteraunt but the uniform is a white button up shirt, dark wash jeans (????) black shoes, black belt... whatever....

Its so BLAH

i need something exciting to do to make my makeup POP but not look really extravagant .... bc its owned by Mario Batali.... so i cant look like i should be on the strip in cir d solei instead of working on this place.

help? :-/

AiriMagdalene

Try stuff like this. It's called colorpop. Do a neutral shimmer on the top and put a thin line of a standout color on the bottom. It makes your eyes come out and it's fun and bright but it doesn't push the envelope too much. The reason I posted the video is so that you can get the basis of it from the tutorial, and substitute the purple with whatever colour you're feeling. It's a pretty everyday thing and small adjustments can make it suit anything. It's really versatile and the next step up from neutral.

LC

the color pop idea is a good one. the nice thing about a white shirt and jeans is that literally any makeup can go with it :)

fieran

I'd recommend a good brown smokey eye for a classy look - I wear it to tradeshows, etc.

I use either:

- NARS Cordoura eyeshadow duo (and your favourite crease colour)
- MAC Buried Treasure eyeliner

or

- MAC Grain eyeshadow
- MAC Mulch eyeshadow
- MAC Folie (or any other matte-like crease colour)
- any eyeliner

or

- MAC Constructivist paint pot (or a paint pot similar to you skin tone)
- line with a bright eyeliner - either Prussian, Tealo, Smooth blu, etc.