I hate this one pharmacy tech...

X4biddenxLustX

Definitely complain to the STORE manager, not one of the assistant manager at the store there. I work at a walgreens and the only real person that can make any huge decisions like firing or disciplining someone I think is the store manager. Just call and ask when the next time the store manager will be in and give them a call when they are.

I cannot believe how rude and disrespectful that pharm tech had been. That is no way to treat anyone let alone a loyal (considering how much you spend at that drugstore) customer.

She also definitely did NOT need to shout out and make a scene about having to have the whole transaction voided. She could of easily called a Code 20 (transaction void) on the intercom and a manager would of been able to come to the register to void it. OR she could of just manually voided every item herself which doesn't take that long to do.

Dr_Girlfriend

As a pharmacist, I NEVER let my techs be that rude to someone. Yes, there are some times that I will call the doctor in order to verify that it is legit. I do this only when the person has a history of abuse (i.e. consistently asking for refills of controlled substances early or bringing scripts or calling in a new prescription for a control after hours. I will only fill them at the most three days before the patient will run out.

As far as the technician... it absolutely is NOT her place to make those assumptions about a patient. If she had any suspicions about the history of your med profile, it should take it to the pharmacist. And she should absolutely NEVER confront you about it. Also, it's strange that she wanted to call and verify your promethazine prescription considering that it is not a controlled substance. It's not her place to judge. Definitely complain.

Just a side note. I absolutely loathe Walgreens. I almost went to work for them once I was licensed. I've never had good service there.

I am very sorry that happened to you.