I have an interview today at a MAC store! Advice pls :)

tigerlily

Hi all!

So yes, today I have an interview at a MAC store! I'm so excited!

I've gone on interviews before for MAC at Nordstrom ... so do the store interviews differ much from the counter interviews?

Also, I'd greatly appreciate ANY other advice that you gals have to offer!

Thanks sooooo much! Wish me luck!

akstarr81

Good luck! I had a Nordy's MAC interview before and didn't get it (poop!) but I think a lot of that is Nordy's weird politics. Sorry that's not any real advice...just felt the need to comment. Let us know how it goes!

tigerlily

Thanks all for wishing me luck.

The interview was yesterday for a MAC store in Los Angeles. It went pretty well. The manager was super nice. She asked me to explain my look, and I wish that I wore makeup from Turquatic (I was wearing makeup from Sundressing). She also asked if I knew the history of MAC. It was really low-key. Basically all questions were about MAC and its products. No selling questions. She spent a lot of time talking about the 2nd interview and said she'd call me within a few days to let me know if I'd get the second interview.

I'll keep everyone updated! I hope this helps others who want to apply at MAC

tigerlily

Hi all!

So I had my second interview this past Monday. And whoa was it crazy!!! I read everyone else's experiences w/ the demo interviews on here and also during my first interview I was told that I'd be give a face chart and would have to recreate the look.

So okay, here was the big surprise ....... I was given an extremely hard look to follow: blue, orange, and navy exageratted (sp?) eye shadow. contour on the cheeks, forehead, and chin. AND, here's the final clincher: you know how on the side of the chart there is the whole list of products you need? well, they covered it!!! So, the look that I had to recreate was extremely advanced plus I had to find the products on my own. Also, the texture of the look had to be dewy and wet. Oh, and concerning the brushes, I was only given a total of about five and NO mac wipes or makeup remover. This was all part of our "challenge"! After she explained the look, I felt a bit like freaking out, but I figured that wouldn't do me any good and that I should just have fun with it! In the end, my model's makeup came out well, except I wasn't able to finish off w/ MAC fix b/c time was up.

So here's another thing that caught me off guard: I got a call from MAC yesterday not offering me the job, but telling me to come in tomorrow for a THIRD interview! From reading everyone else's interview experiences on this forum, I got the idea that the whole process stopped after the second interview. So again, if anyone has ANY advice they can share with me concerning third interviews, I'd be sooooo grateful!

Thanks a million!

lightsinsorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily
Hi all!

So I had my second interview this past Monday. And whoa was it crazy!!! I read everyone else's experiences w/ the demo interviews on here and also during my first interview I was told that I'd be give a face chart and would have to recreate the look.

So okay, here was the big surprise ....... I was given an extremely hard look to follow: blue, orange, and navy exageratted (sp?) eye shadow. contour on the cheeks, forehead, and chin. AND, here's the final clincher: you know how on the side of the chart there is the whole list of products you need? well, they covered it!!! So, the look that I had to recreate was extremely advanced plus I had to find the products on my own. Also, the texture of the look had to be dewy and wet. Oh, and concerning the brushes, I was only given a total of about five and NO mac wipes or makeup remover. This was all part of our "challenge"! After she explained the look, I felt a bit like freaking out, but I figured that wouldn't do me any good and that I should just have fun with it! In the end, my model's makeup came out well, except I wasn't able to finish off w/ MAC fix b/c time was up.

So here's another thing that caught me off guard: I got a call from MAC yesterday not offering me the job, but telling me to come in tomorrow for a THIRD interview! From reading everyone else's interview experiences on this forum, I got the idea that the whole process stopped after the second interview. So again, if anyone has ANY advice they can share with me concerning third interviews, I'd be sooooo grateful!

Thanks a million!

Wow, that's awesome! Good luck!

brandiisamonkey

wow good luck with the third interview! I hope that you get it!
smiles.gif

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily
Hi all!

Thanks a million!

I think I'm gonna be sick.
ssad.gif

I have my demo on wednesday...

Good luck to you. But it sounds to me that you passed the demo and you have to meet with some higher-ups in the company. :p