I have HUG ME...do i still need TWIG TWIG??

shimpaniac

At the store,TWIG TWIG looked gorgeous on my NC 35 skin.Um...HOWEVER,history teaches me nottt to trust MAC store lighting...LOL...its veryyyy deceptive at times.The MA thought super sequin looked better on me,but i thought it was kind of garish.She said twig twig is kind of like Hug Me.
And although i initially liked hug me,i now think it lacks a certain oomph,doesnt wear off well,looks lacklustre after a while,and even a bit peachy at times.I prefer neutrals on da more natural side,ones that emphasize my natural lip colour,but NOTTTT peach or mauve/purple(case in point,Syrup!!).(for those of you who've seen Aishwarya Beige by Loreal,i think its very close to the perfect neutral.)

So...what's Twig Twig really like??And do i need it or should i save the bucks for something else??Please help!!

trollydolly

im nw20 and own hug me and twig twig, and to be honest im not quite sure why i bought them both now! theyre both kind of the same and a bit blah really. theyre nice lippys but theyre not different enough to need both imo.

i dont really reach for either of them anymore. i much prefer vgv which is more pinky than hug me or twig twig.

il try and take photos of swatches of both later on in the day for you.

hth

gigglegirl

thanks trollydolly! I love my twig-twig and was debating ordering a backup, but swatched some in store and I thought syrup was similar (will have to bring twig-twig to do a proper comparison) but I had wanted to find a dupe, so if it is Hug Me then yay! LOL

Hope to see your swatches!!

trollydolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
thanks trollydolly! I love my twig-twig and was debating ordering a backup, but swatched some in store and I thought syrup was similar (will have to bring twig-twig to do a proper comparison) but I had wanted to find a dupe, so if it is Hug Me then yay! LOL

Hope to see your swatches!!

im just charging my camera so the swatches should be up in a few hours. im going to go swatches of hug me, twig twig, vgv, syrup, blankety, bare slimshine and flattering mattene.

laura
x

shimpaniac

ohhhhh my godddd guys...i read ur posts just now...right after my return from the MAC store....
cry.gif

and....i just got twig twig
cry.gif
!!!!!argh!!!!!!!!!
but...let me tell u...i swatched Hug me on my hand,as well as syrup and viva glam...they are nothing alike!!Well, umm...that is to say hug me is definitely peachy...syrup leans towards the mauvy side...and twig twig is like a cross between the two...IMO certainly the best out of the three...lasting power better than your average MAC lustre,and does leave a kind of nice stain at the end...okay,so maybe it's not totally original,but honestly,i get most use out of my neutrals...and hey...viva glam 5 will always be there,so why not invest in a twig twig??(im justifying my splurge now...LOL
th_wink3.gif
)
p.s...ill check the swatch thread...thanx a lottttttttt anyway...what would i do without you angels??LOL