I have MUFE full cover concealer and it's not working. Help!

Meisje

I bought the MUFE full cover concealer (in the little tube) with my BI Christmas gift card.

It goes on nicely and is fantastic to work with. Problem is, it is wearing off the same as any drugstore concealer (ie instantly), especially on the red areas around my nostrils (allergy queen).

Am I doing something wrong? I set it with powder like the instructions say. I'm giving it a couple days and then it's going back --- it's WAY too expensive to work this poorly. It's supposed to be WATERPROOF! It's not.

angry.gif

limararwot

Re: I have MUFE full cover concealera and it's not working. Help!

I got a sample of the MUFE Full Cover Concealer and personally, I love it! It gives me great coverage and a little bit goes a long way. I've worn it whole days without having to touch up. Is you skin oily? That might be a factor. You could also try using a primer underneath so that it lasts longer.

summerblue

Check out Kevin Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer. Fabulous concealer.

..kels*

Quote:
Originally Posted by limararwot
I got a sample of the MUFE Full Cover Concealer and personally, I love it! It gives me great coverage and a little bit goes a long way. I've worn it whole days without having to touch up. Is you skin oily? That might be a factor. You could also try using a primer underneath so that it lasts longer.

Agreed. Definitely use a primer beforehand - if you find that the red is showing through, try a green primer.. or a little green concealer prior to the Full Cover. And powder really well after you're finished! Also, when you apply the concealer, try pressing it in instead of rubbing it around. You'll get a better coverage that way & it will wear longer.

Kesha

Just dab it, don't rub, it will give you a perfect coverage.
But i lately i found that full cover concealer is little hard to blend, i move to mufe lift concealer mixed with mufe camoflauge cream to hide my dark circles and it works better
smiles.gif

Meisje

I dab, don't rub, and it's not that anything is showing through. For five minutes after I apply, my face looks flawless.

It's that in 20 minutes, it's GONE from half the places I put it on. Not fading, or showing stuff through. GONE as if I never applied it.

I just wanted a concealer I could use with a bit of powder and not wear foundation all the time.

I don't use a primer and probably won't --- the Smashbox one did not feel good on my skin (which means it would break me out) and when I applied it, it basically rolled up into little balls anyway. And I wanted to use this without foundation. It doesn't work with foundation, either, though. Wears off, same as any $5 crap.

I'm aghast, I read all the reviews on Sephora pretty much and everyone raved. Even the oily skinned girls like myself. There were claims of swimming in it. Riiighhhtttt. A concealer that wears off after a few minutes is not going to last through swimming on any kind of skin. I'm starting to doubt the veracity of those reviews and will never base another purchase on them.

Meisje

Here's a pefect example:

Put it on at 915 am. Went to an interview, came home. Did not sweat or rub my face.

Checked the mirror at 1115 am, and the concealear is completely gone.

$36???

MizzTropical

I would just bring it back and try something else. Sometimes a certain product just doesn't work with you even though tons of others may love it, whether its expensive or cheap. I use a $9 Revlon colorstay concealer and it actually works really nice on my skin. I can wear it with a lil powder and go for the day.

And I know alot of people don't trust Sephoras reviews. A better place to look at product reviews is makeupalley IMO.

Meisje

Makeupalley is pretty positive about the product, although there is a higher percentage of reviews that are negative.

I'm going to have to take it back. The color matches perfectly, so hopefully I'll find something comparable.

Thanks for the advice, Specktra peeps.

..kels*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisje
I dab, don't rub, and it's not that anything is showing through. For five minutes after I apply, my face looks flawless.

It's that in 20 minutes, it's GONE from half the places I put it on. Not fading, or showing stuff through. GONE as if I never applied it.

I just wanted a concealer I could use with a bit of powder and not wear foundation all the time.

I don't use a primer and probably won't --- the Smashbox one did not feel good on my skin (which means it would break me out) and when I applied it, it basically rolled up into little balls anyway. And I wanted to use this without foundation. It doesn't work with foundation, either, though. Wears off, same as any $5 crap.

I'm aghast, I read all the reviews on Sephora pretty much and everyone raved. Even the oily skinned girls like myself. There were claims of swimming in it. Riiighhhtttt. A concealer that wears off after a few minutes is not going to last through swimming on any kind of skin. I'm starting to doubt the veracity of those reviews and will never base another purchase on them.

That's really strange.. I would go back to the counter with it & ask the MUFE employees for advice/help with the product. Maybe they can find a solution for you?
& I wouldn't start doubting the reviews just yet.. I've never heard of anyone having a problem with this product before, so unfortunately you're one of the few who it doesn't seem to work for.
th_dunno.gif

Simply Elegant

I apply my concealer with a 239 dupe and dab it on and blend just the edges and use the other side of my brush and press powder on just that spot without rubbing it in and then use a fluffy powder brush to apply powder to the rest of my face and it lasts all day, no matter what concealer I use.

Meisje

I've never had a concealer last for me, no matter how it was applied. That's why I was initially excited about this one --- it's supposed to be waterproof. I have oily skin, but since adopting a regular skin care regimen it's a lot less oily.

I have tried using this product in the following ways:

-patting it on
-patting it on in layers of varying thickness
-using a brush
-both of the above with and without powder in between layers
-with powder on top under foundation, then powder over foundation
-without powder on top under foundation, then powder over foundation
-with and without moisturizer underneath

And it still disappears to the point where there's nothing left. Sure, it might work better with a primer, but nowhere does it say you need a primer and honestly, for that price, it should work without one!

I emailed MUFE asking for help and have gotten no response. They have 24 hours, then it's going back to Sephora.

BTW, I used TFSI on my oily lids and that works just fine --- my eye makeup stays on all day. So I was hoping there would be something out there in concealerland that would work as well, but so far, I'm really disappointed!

..kels*

Quote:
And it still disappears to the point where there's nothing left. Sure, it might work better with a primer, but nowhere does it say you need a primer and honestly, for that price, it should work without one!

I emailed MUFE asking for help and have gotten no response. They have 24 hours, then it's going back to Sephora.

Okay, so I understand that you're adamant about not using a primer.. but if you really want this product to work for you, you have to play around with it. If you want your makeup to last, you'll need to layer. Smashbox is not the only brand who makes a primer. Have you considered trying the MUFE All Mat primer? It's designed for oily skin & it will give the concealer something to grip onto.

Sephora: MAKE UP FOR EVER All Mat: Primer

I sincerely hope that helps you.

Meisje

It's not that I'm adamant about avoiding primer --- what I'm saying is that if it needs primer to live up to its waterproof, long-wearing claims it needs to say that on the packaging somewhere and be honest that it's performance claims don't exist without it.

Since it doesn't state it requires a primer, I should be able to achieve what it says it will without one. And I do feel feel like a $36 concealer that claims to be waterproof (that actually wears like total crap) should not need a $50+ primer to work ANYWAY. I mean, holy crap, I've had $5 concealers that wore better than this one, which is not hard because it wears off right away!

Also, this is my first MUFE product and I'm disgusted with it --- I really don't want to end up dropping $100 total so that more of their products can get a concealer working.

Sorry if I seem upset, but I've heard so much hype about this company and read so many reviews about the product --- it's very frustrating to do this much reading and research about a product and then buy it only to have it not work at all.

I have Revlon Colorstay foundation and that stays on forever on me without primer, and that's just drugstore makeup. But it doesn't cover red spots or my undereye circles fully, and it also wears off a bit around my red nose areas, which is why I thought I needed a waterproof concealer.

PS - MUFE has not answered my email yet...

Meisje

I'm still waiting for any sort of reply from MUFE.

I emailed them on Monday, gave a detailed description on how I've tried to use the product, and asked for them to give me some instruction on how it's supposed to be used or tips to make it last more than a few minutes. I also included how unhappy I am with the product.

I haven't received anything --- I was at least expecting an automated reply saying "we'll answer your email in x number of days/hours." It's been three full business days.

So now the very expensive product has been a dud for me and their customer service has proven non-existent. I don't think I will buy from MUFE again.

Vixxan

When I first purchased this item a few months ago it was like a miracle. The best concealer that I have ever used. In the last few weeks I noticed that it wasn't working. I would apply it and within an hour it was gone. Since i purchased two different colors and both disappeared quickly I knew it was not a defective product. Today while testing my MUFE HD foundation to see how long it last before fading I noticed that this product did not fade. The concealer has lasted almost 4 hours. What I figured out was that when I purchased this product I was using MUFE HD foundation. I later switched to Graftobian foundaiton. It looks like this product works well with MUFE foundations and does not work well with other foundations. I'm going to test it tomorrow with my MAC Studio Fix Fluid to see if it will last with that one.

FiestyFemme

Sorry it doesn't work for you, but don't let it turn you off from the whole brand. It's been a great concealer for me (I'm one of those people who could swim in it, no joke!), but even if it didn't work, I'd still check out other stuff from the line like the e/s (which truly are fantastic!).

Meisje

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxan
When I first purchased this item a few months ago it was like a miracle. The best concealer that I have ever used. In the last few weeks I noticed that it wasn't working. I would apply it and within an hour it was gone. Since i purchased two different colors and both disappeared quickly I knew it was not a defective product. Today while testing my MUFE HD foundation to see how long it last before fading I noticed that this product did not fade. The concealer has lasted almost 4 hours. What I figured out was that when I purchased this product I was using MUFE HD foundation. I later switched to Graftobian foundaiton. It looks like this product works well with MUFE foundations and does not work well with other foundations. I'm going to test it tomorrow with my MAC Studio Fix Fluid to see if it will last with that one.

This certainly makes sense; but that won't work for me as I want to be able to wear it without any foundation. When I do wear foundation I use ColorStay (I have for 15 years and I'm not going to switch now).

FiestyFemme --- MUFE still hasn't acknowledged my email in any way. I think I may stick mostly to MAC and Stila for eyeshadows, only because I've used both and they work for me. I'm becoming afraid to try new brands since I'm on a tight, tight budget and I've had some disastrous experiences (ie, Smashbox creme eyeliner palette --- lasts a few minutes, smears. Also supposed to be waterproof. HUGE waste of money!)

FiestyFemme

Quote:
FiestyFemme --- MUFE still hasn't acknowledged my email in any way. I think I may stick mostly to MAC and Stila for eyeshadows, only because I've used both and they work for me. I'm becoming afraid to try new brands since I'm on a tight, tight budget and I've had some disastrous experiences (ie, Smashbox creme eyeliner palette --- lasts a few minutes, smears. Also supposed to be waterproof. HUGE waste of money!)

I think not acknowledging your email is unprofessional, but I wonder if they didn't get it? Most places like that send you an automated email first saying they'll get back to you in "x" hours, but you said you didn't get one. Maybe you should try resending the email and see what happens? I understand the budget issue though. I tend to stick to things I know will work because like you, I don't have the money to toss away on things that don't end up working.