I have MUFE full cover concealer and it's not working. Help!

Meisje

If it had bounced, my email would have given me an undeliverable receipt, and I copied and pasted the addy directly from their site.

I don't care what they have to tell me at this point, it's been too long. And I have a feeling, given the advice in this thread, they'll tell me I have to buy their foundation and powder to make it work, which isn't acceptable to me for a product of that cost. I'm actually leaving right now to take it back. I have no idea what to get instead but I'm going to lay off trying to find a good concealer for a while, unless they can give me a couple samples.

I tried the Kat Von D the day I bought the MUFE and that didn't last on me, either (and the color wasn't quite right). I've heard good things about Benefit concealer, too, but it's a cream and if a liquid doesn't work, I can't see a cream working on my oily skin. So I might exchange for something completely unrelated.

Vixxan

I tried this product with Color Stay foundation a few weeks ago and I could not get it to work at all. It really did disappear within minutes. Since this was my first time trying Color Stay foundation I assumed that the foundation was the problem, I guess not.

I don't wear MUFE HD foundation everyday because it's too expensive. I wear Graftobian as my everyday foundaiton. If you find a concealer that works please let me know. Thanks

Meisje

It wouldn't work with or without ColorStay, unfortunately.

I exchanged for makeup brushes; at Kat von D concealer brush (which I am using to put on cheap Maybelline waterproof cover stick, which is not perfect but still works eons better than the MUFE) and a thin angle brush.

In case anyone was wondering, MUFE still hasn't replied.

If I find a HG concealer, I'll bump this thread and post about it.

Meisje

JUST as I replied to this, a reply from MUFE popped into my inbox. This is what they said:

Quote:
I am very surprised the product is not functioning for you. When we need extreme coverage for fresh acne (skin tight over pimples), scars or acne scars (drier areas, with textured or flaking skin), port wine stains, tattoos, birthmarks or sun spots…this is our ‘go to’ product for coverage and longevity.

Do your needs fall into any of these categories? This will help us give you the right application prescription.

The only time we had lasting power issues is when the moisturizer or primer used before this product application is too heavy or oily.

Here is the way we would apply the product:

-Moisturize with an oil free product
-Prime with an oil free Primer
-apply your foundation, allow to slightly set
-using a small concealer brush (never use your fingers – the oils will break down the product) apply Full Cover to desired areas
-set everything using a transparent powder

Many clients have received bad advice – to apply concealer first, then foundation. This essentially breaks down the coverage and wipes off the concealer.

Please try our application steps and see if this helps, or let us know if you need additional steps for the extreme cases listed above.

Perhaps exchanging it is the answer, as your tube may even be defective. We are so surprised that this product won’t last on your skin

If none of this works then Sephora will take you product back.

So basically, they need to add "use a primer" to the instructions. Other than that, I did everything correctly and it didn't work. I even tried applying it to bare skin without any previously applied products and it still disappeared. They claim that aside from that, if it doesn't work, it was a bad batch.

That could be true, but that doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence. Anyway, I'm just glad they responded to me, I do appreciate that.

Meisje

They responded again, offering me samples so I can see if it was a bad batch.

Their customer service has won me over for sure.