i have the 217 .. DO I NEED the 224?

nunu

I have both. The 217 is stiff compared to the 224.
I find that the 217 is best for applying colour to the outer corner, outer V and crease. The 224 i use it to apply the basic crease coulour, highlight and blend everything together since its not stiff compared to the 217. the 217 might over blend the colours on the lid.

I did a search and found lots of threads on these 2 brushes. These are a couple.
http://specktra.net/f165/mac-217-224...uestion-61966/

http://specktra.net/f188/eye-shadow-...ending-104951/

FiestyFemme

It depends. I have both, and I like the 224 for general blending. That's literally all I use it for though. It's just not dense enough for me to apply color with, and it's also too big for my eyes. The 217 is much more versatile. I'm glad to have the 224, but I don't think it's a must have, at least it's not for me.

cocodivatime

OMG everyone NEEDS the 224 brush. LOL

Seriously it is my favorite brush. I use it everysingle day. I use it to apply a brown "backgound" wash to the area between my browbone and crease. and I use it for blending after I've applied all of my eye colors. I love love love that brush.
th_DANCE.gif

You can also use it to set powder underneath your eyes after applying concealer

And you can use it to contour the small areas on the sides of the nose (I've never done it but i saw it on youtube lol)

You can use it for the crease too but it will be more of a wash of color instead of a concentrated area

You can use it for just a wash of color all over the eye if you were going for a simple look

Seriously i love the 224. Can you tell? ha ha

gigglegirl

i thought i had found the best blending brush with the 217. I think its reallllllly good for crease and blending (and like nunu said the outer v)

but then i bought the 224....and its my go to blending brush now!! it does crease and v's a lot lighter than the 224 but blends (in my opinion) the best.

so in short (LOL)
-buy the 224 if you want a lighter crease but AWESOME blending brush
-buy the 217 if you want a great brush to do the crease and out v, and be a great blender

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiya
Sorry to complicate things further, but how does the 222 compare?

To the 217 or 224?

I think nunu covered it compared to the 217, but compared to the 224, the bristles are definitely denser. It's much more stiff. I use the 222 for my outer corner/V, but I can't use the 224 for that.

User49

I LOVE the 224 brush! It's my favorite! You can use it for so much! Great for buffing concealor on under the eye, especially moisturecover! And great for blending out colour on the lid or putting a natural colour in the crease of the eye and blending it seemlessly! I would def. get the 224! x

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitternmyveins
I LOVE the 224 brush! It's my favorite! You can use it for so much! Great for buffing concealor on under the eye, especially moisturecover! And great for blending out colour on the lid or putting a natural colour in the crease of the eye and blending it seemlessly! I would def. get the 224! x

iagree.gif

Sanayhs

I think that the 217, 222 and 224 are all worth having. Each is different from the others, and they all have their uses.