I just got hired!!!!!!!!!

farra712

I had given up on the counter manager at our counter as you may have read about on another person's post, so I wasn't expecting to hear from her when she called last night and asked to set up an interview for today!!! I asked her if I should bring a model and she said I could just do her!!! I almost threw up! Talk about pressure. Well, the demo part I felt sucked really bad because I was shaking so bad I kept getting product everywhere and I had wanted to save the foundation for last but she had put it on when I got there, so I had to keep cleaning up things. Also, she was allergic to a lot of the products so I was nervous about what to use. She and the other MA there gave me some tips and I tried to be a good sport about it and take their tips even though I felt like I was screwing up her makeup by trying these things (like different ways to hold the brushes....kinda hard to learn immediately and do comfortably). I also clammed up and forgot to talk about the products as I was doing them...I absolutely sucked. Well, I knew I had screwed up so I offered to clean the brushes and I cleaned up my mess and resanitized everything and she stopped me to go to her office and talk. She asked me how I thought I did, and I told her that honestly I felt that I could have done a lot better, but I had to apologize for being so insanely nervous. I explained to her how much I loved MAC and that although I did not talk to her a lot about products during the demo, I knew that that was something you would usually do, and that I did have knowledge of the products. I told her why I think MAC is the best cosmetics brand and how much I loved B2M and Viva Glam and that I would be happy even just stocking at the counter because I love it so much. So she talked for a while about different things and then asked me how I felt about taking a freelance position (which I had applied for anyway) and I said I would like that and she hired me!!!!!!!!1 I cannot believe that! I sucked! Well, this is just a lesson for anyone who screws up the demo...talk yourself out of your screw up!!!!!!! I go thursday to fill out paperwork! Yay!!!

devin

congrats! that is great news!
smiles.gif

ReenG3yes

Today I had my demo and there were a few things I felt I def could have done better but overall my model had a very finished look. I'm probably way too hard on myself and it's great to hear about someone else feeling the exact same way! Plus you ended up being hired which is always a plus!

Good stuff