I just realized I got a fake eyeshadow, what's next?

blinkymei

So I just found out that my Satellite Dreams is a fake and I got it from a swapper on MUA. I know that it is a fake because there is a double ring on the back on the pan (it should be smooth) when I depanned it. What should I do? I already left positive feedback on her token list... but I should of known, the label was a little different but I didn't pay too much attention to it, the texture is not smooth and it breaks easily... she still has a picture on her MUA profile but I already swapped away the empty. Should I say something? Is it her fault? blahhh... help me please!

vocaltest

i'm in the exact same position. i bought mine though. however i'm not sure whether mine is a fake... it has those grooves in it on the back, but someone on the lj mac community said she depotted an eyeshadow she bought from the counter and it has those rings, so idk?

redambition

MAC eye shadows should have flat pans.

i would contact the swapper and let her know, nicely. she may not have realised that the eye shadow was counterfeit.

swapping away the empty makes it a bit trickier to reverse the swap, but that will be up to what you can work out with the person you swapped with.

AngelBunny

I had this happen with an Ebay seller and after I had already B2M the container. She said that she didn't know it was a fake and immediately refunded me. The only thing she asked from me in return was that I send her pics of the pans next to one I knew to be real so she could forward them to the person that she got them from and get her refund from them.

I don't know if she was being honest ... but was stoked that I got the refund!

blinkymei

thanks everyone! I will do that... she was a newbie swapper too. Fake goods make it really hard for me to swap with people in the future. Do you all know if there is anyway we can tell before swapping? because I did have a picture but it was very blurry... for the next time should I just not even try?

MrsRjizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkymei
thanks everyone! I will do that... she was a newbie swapper too. Fake goods make it really hard for me to swap with people in the future. Do you all know if there is anyway we can tell before swapping? because I did have a picture but it was very blurry... for the next time should I just not even try?

I always try to ask where the item came from. wheather it was ris (received in swap) or where it was purchased. Then you have some history in your conversation about the item and you can deceide to swap based on that.

Im sorry that happened to you!

blinkymei

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRjizzle
I always try to ask where the item came from. wheather it was ris (received in swap) or where it was purchased. Then you have some history in your conversation about the item and you can deceide to swap based on that.

Im sorry that happened to you!

^^ Thanks for your advice, now I've learn my mistake.