I lost my best friend...

panther27

Today is the worst day of my life,I just lost my cat Sneakers who I have had for 16 years.She is sooo special to me,I love her so much.I watched her pass,and it was just the most scary thing I have ever seen in my life.I know she is in Heaven now and not in pain,but I am just a nervous wreck.My heart feelslike it has broken,and I cannot believe that I will never be able to hug her again,or see her.I'm sorry for all this,but I just had to get this out.I just feel so awful...

MACATTAK

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have a cat who is 15, soon to be 16, and I'm already dreading the day.
ssad.gif
Take care of yourself.

Dahlia_Rayn

So sorry for your loss, it's awful to lose any loved one, and a pet is a member of the family too! Take care sweetheart, your kitty angel was so lucky to have you to love her!

shadowaddict

Oh no. I am so sorry for your loss. I am just so sad for you.

I am worried about my furry ones too. Two of kitties are 15 this month and my dog will be 14 on the 26th and he's really slowing down. He is so much my baby. I honestly don't know what I'll do without him. He's brought me through so much like the death of my mother and the first time my son was in Iraq and he's back there again now and all the issues my daughter is having in college. Seriously I think my dog understands me more than my husband of 22 years. He knows when I'm sad or upset and comes and lays his head on my knee and my kitties will come cuddle on me.

You are in my thoughts Sweetie. You'll get lots of support here. That's what I love about spectra lovelys.

gildedangel

I am so sorry for your loss! I lost my dog a couple of years ago when he was 14, I had him since I was six. I really understand what you are going through. Your kitty was lucky to have you as such a loving and caring owner!

panther27

Thank you all so so much for your support!You are wonderful!
This is like a nightmare,and my Sneakers has helped me through my dads death,so I definately know what it's like.She is my precious sweetheart.

MaskedBeauty

I agree with Tish. Losing a pet is like losing a family member. I lost my Doberman to Cancer about a year and a half ago. I cried all the time and I recently had received a voice message from the vet reminding me I needed to bring him in for shots soon and I just broke down and started crying when I heard the message. I know how hard it is. Hang in there.

panther27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedBeauty
I agree with Tish. Losing a pet is like losing a family member. I lost my Doberman to Cancer about a year and a half ago. I cried all the time and I recently had received a voice message from the vet reminding me I needed to bring him in for shots soon and I just broke down and started crying when I heard the message. I know how hard it is. Hang in there.

omg,how horrible to get that message....
Thank you so much,I will try.

rimberry

I'm so sorry about your loss. I know just what it feels like to lose a beloved pet. Almost 2 years ago, I lost my rabbit. Having her for
almost ten years, then having her taken away from me has been one of the most heartbreaking things. But knowing she and all other pets are in a place where they can roam free and without pain is comforting and healing to my soul. Nothing can bring our pets back, but having had the time with them that we did is something to never forget, only cherish. Here's until we see our furry friends again.

If love could have saved you,
you would have lived forever.

Susanne

I soooo feel with you!
cry.gif
As I read your post I almost started to cry again.

I lost my cat last week, she was 17 years old. I watched her pass, could feel her last heartbeat with my hand.
I still can't believe she is gone for good, I miss her so much. Every day. It hurts so much.

I am sure your cat had a wonderful home and life with you, it could not have been better.

Take care!

L1LMAMAJ

so sorry to hear that! pets really do become a part of the family. i can't even begin to imagine how you feel. don't worry, your cat's in a better place. good luck to ya!

coachkitten

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know that Sneakers was so important to you. Losing a pet, IMO, is one of the hardest things. I wish that I had words that could take away the pain that you are feeling.

One thing that has really helped me when I lost my dog and cat was to read a website called Rainbow Bridge. It might be too soon to read it now but it might bring you some comfort in the coming weeks.

Rainbows Bridge Home Page

I will keep you and Sneakers in my thoughts and prayers. I wish that I could just give you a big hug. Much love to you and feel free to pm me if you need to talk.
th_hug.gif

FiestyFemme

So sorry for your loss!
ssad.gif

I've lost 3 childhood pets, and I have another who is almost 11 in a couple of months. They really are special and become like members of the family... people who don't have pets don't understand, but it is sad! Hang in there.
th_hug.gif

Willa

Omg I feel your pain
I cried so much when I lost my old cat Minette
She was the coolest cat ever
I have Poussiere now, she's been with me since 2002 and I can tell you that I will miss her a lot when she'll die, because she was there with me during some hard times I had in the last years and it helped me a lot having her.

I am sending good vibes and lots of hugs <3

Mabelle

My cat is 11, and i cry just thinking about having to let her go.
But i always tell people (that loose an animal that they love) that the animal was so lucky. Cats especially seem to be treated like absolute crap. Sneakers was lucky enough to end up with a human that loved her so much, that is so grief ridden over her death, that considered her family, her best friend. She could have ended up with someone that abandoned her on moving day, or absued her, or just been a stray and lived a very limited life. Instead she was treated with dignity and respect, which is how every animal should be treated, but most arent. She was loved and had a great life and you should cherish all the great memories. Maybe one day in the future (when youve dealt with the loss of your best friend) you can save another cat, and treat it with the same level of respect and show it the same kind of love. That way sneakers memory can live on

I tell mojo everyday how happy i am to have her in my life, and that i know she makes me a better person. I truly believe that. And although i think i will need to be institutionalized when she goes, i will try to keep telling myself that it was an honour to know her and have her in my life.
oh jeeze, now im weeping like a baby....

blazeno.8

I'm sorry to hear that. I've only had fish up until now and I was a mess when those little guys went. They do become a part of the family. And now I have a cat... I wouldn't know what to do if something happened to her.

purrtykitty

Oh, Jess, I'm so sorry to hear that. I know exactly how it feels and it is sooooo hard.
th_hug.gif
Just know that she is waiting for you.
heart.gif

MissCrystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
Today is the worst day of my life,I just lost my cat Sneakers who I have had for 16 years.She is sooo special to me,I love her so much.I watched her pass,and it was just the most scary thing I have ever seen in my life.I know she is in Heaven now and not in pain,but I am just a nervous wreck.My heart feelslike it has broken,and I cannot believe that I will never be able to hug her again,or see her.I'm sorry for all this,but I just had to get this out.I just feel so awful...

im so sorry hun, but just think she lived a long and happy life and is in heaven. You shouldn't feel awful, im sure sneakers knows how much you loved her and will miss her.

I hope you feel better
th_hug.gif