I need a new look....HELP!!!

marreyes38

so below are some pics of my ugly face...i need a new look cause if i dont do something soon im gonna end up looking like an EWOK...ahhhh

tell me what i need to change PLZZZZ

oh and i apologize for the crappy quality of the pics...i was having some technical difficulties with my camera so i had to use my cell

download3.jpg

download1.jpg

download5.jpg

Amaranth

You don't need to change anything! You are very, very pretty. I'm sure this is not the response you were hoping for, but I'm seriously telling the truth. I'm actually very jealous right now.

What exactly do you want to do? You seem to have great skin, nicely shaped brows, full lips, and, the part I'm most jealous of mainly because I am minus an eye crease, really pretty eyes. Do you just want to get away from the natural look? Because I don't think your face needs any "adjustment" or "fixing", but if you just want to go for like, a different style I can probably help you out. What sort of thing are you interested in (like, classic glam, vibrant, sexy, glowy)?

marreyes38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranth
You don't need to change anything! You are very, very pretty. I'm sure this is not the response you were hoping for, but I'm seriously telling the truth. I'm actually very jealous right now.

What exactly do you want to do? You seem to have great skin, nicely shaped brows, full lips, and, the part I'm most jealous of mainly because I am minus an eye crease, really pretty eyes. Do you just want to get away from the natural look? Because I don't think your face needs any "adjustment" or "fixing", but if you just want to go for like, a different style I can probably help you out. What sort of thing are you interested in (like, classic glam, vibrant, sexy, glowy)?

i really dont know what to do which is why im here asking for help...i've always liked the whole 60's twigy look (except the hair)
yucky.gif
but every time i try the little flick with the eye liner, it comes out wrong...
ssad.gif

marreyes38

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
Are you kidding? I agree with Amaranth, you are gorgeous. If you want a change I would smoke out your eyes just a little, you are doe eyed so that would really make them pop even more. That an a nude lip would look awesome on you.

thanx!!! i've tried the smokey eye but i cant seem to get it right so i kinda gave up on that. maybe ill give it a try again.

marreyes38

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollydolly
ur stunning! what was it you were looking to do? btw ur skin is flawless....so jealous!

haha thanx its all the proactive i use otherwise i'd be a crater face...lol

well actually i dont know what i can do differently which is why im here..im just looking for ideas, recommendations, comments...anything to help me find a new look.

trollydolly

i agree that a smokey eye would look great on you, ive yet to perfect it myself so dont worry if it doesnt turn out great first time. i think bronzer would look fab on you as would nudey colour lipsticks. you've got a great base to work with because ur skin it amazing!

Honey B. Fly

if u want a new look then maybe u should try some honey/caramel highlights, that will brighten up ur face and put the spotlight on ur eyes + cheeks + lips, any lil makeup change u make will pop, i think ud look so good with even a few chunky highlights

ud look beautiful in golds, purples, browns, and shimmery beiges

miss_supra

Not to be rude or anything, but it always bugged me when girls say they are ugly. Why you may ask? To me it always comes across as if you are fishing for complements.

purrtykitty

Maybe go outside your comfort zone a little and try some brighter colors, lip, eye, cheek...play a little bit. You might be surprised at what you come up with!

Fairybelle

First off, you are NOT ugly. You've got stunning features and beautiful skin. Let's BAN that terrible word when describing ourselves! Especially on Specktra! If you love MU like most of us here, you're definitely should not worry about being unattractive IMHO!

I think you just want an image update...
Some good things to try-- falsies! They are a makeover in themselves. Have FUN trying them out. I would go to the drugstore and get several pairs (some more conservative, some more over-the-top for fun) and use some of the tutorials either on Youtube or here at Specktra for the how-tos.
Try darker lipstick. Ditch the glosses for a while. My favorite pick-me-up darker hue is MAC Diva. The name alone is VERY chic...
Contour! Try contourng powders or foundation sticks of varying shades.
Hmmm... what else? Bronzer! Be Paris Hilton for a moment, even if you hate her! Do the bronzer with the pale pink lips and dark eyeliner! Have FUN!

Makeup is a quick transformer that is temporary and you can be whoever you want when you get in ruts or just have a blah day! Hope these ideas helped a bit. You are gorgeous, just like everyone else on Specktra! Don't forget that!

marreyes38

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_supra
Not to be rude or anything, but it always bugged me when girls say they are ugly. Why you may ask? To me it always comes across as if you are fishing for complements.

well im not fishing for compliments which is why im asking for recommendations on what you guys think will look good on me. its not like i asked you guys to rate me or tell me if im ugly or not...but whatever if you dont wanna help thats fine.

thanx anyways

miss_supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by marreyes38
well im not fishing for compliments which is why im asking for recommendations on what you guys think will look good on me. its not like i asked you guys to rate me or tell me if im ugly or not...but whatever if you dont wanna help thats fine.

thanx anyways

If that is true don't put yourself down by calling yourself ugly. Just be confident in yourself
smiles.gif

marreyes38

Quote:
If that is true don't put yourself down by calling yourself ugly. Just be confident in yourself
smiles.gif

well whatever...if i dont like the way i look thats my deal. i never said "hey girls do you think im pretty??? plzz compliment me" and if you dont believe me then tough. the reason im here is for girls to give me makeup ideas and to and help me improve my image not for girls like you to accuse me of things they ASSUME im doing (specially when you cant even prove your point because its not true.) If the other girls wanted to copliment me then thats very nice of them and i really appreaciate it but what i really wanted is for them to recommend things for me to do to change my look, which they did as well, which was very cool of them.
greengrin.gif

if you dont wanna help me then thats fine thanx anyway.

miss_supra

Quote:
well whatever...if i dont like the way i look thats my deal. i never said "hey girls do you think im pretty??? plzz compliment me" and if you dont believe me then tough. the reason im here is for girls to give me makeup ideas and to and help me improve my image not for girls like you to accuse me of things they ASSUME im doing (specially when you cant even prove your point because its not true.) If the other girls wanted to copliment me then thats very nice of them and i really appreaciate it but what i really wanted is for them to recommend things for me to do to change my look, which they did as well, which was very cool of them.
greengrin.gif

if you dont wanna help me then thats fine thanx anyway.

Darling, you are putting words in my mouth. I never said I didn't like the way you look, that you are not pretty or even implied it. I actually was encouraging you to be confident in yourself (second post). I was simply stating an opinion that what I feel when I see/hear people put themselves down (first post). It is great hear you came here for help to change your look. The place is great for it.

Did I specifically say you did it to fish for complements? No, I didn't. If you don't believe me, please reread what I wrote. It clearly does not state you, I said how it bugs when when girls do.

I am trying to help you. It wasn't what you were looking for but I wanted to bring it to your attention how putting yourself could come across. It was not directly expressed as that is was you were trying to for, but it could be taken as it was implied. I feel if you were truly looking for just help in your look the 'ugly' was never needed. You still would have gotten the advice you wanted without it.

I am not here to argue with you or anything. I just wish you thought more highly of yourself because no one deserves to put themselves down. As someone said earlier, 'ugly' should be forgotten and not used ever when we discribe ourselves.

I do fully expect you to make your own assumption on your part of what I am trying to come across and further argue/disagree with me with. Which is absolutely fine with me. Please understand my intention and at least agree to disagree. This is a public forum and we are entitle to our own opinions, especially if we are not bashing the other member.

marreyes38

Quote:
Darling, you are putting words in my mouth. I never said I didn't like the way you look, that you are not pretty or even implied it. I actually was encouraging you to be confident in yourself (second post). I was simply stating an opinion that what I feel when I see/hear people put themselves down (first post). It is great hear you came here for help to change your look. The place is great for it.

Did I specifically say you did it to fish for complements? No, I didn't. If you don't believe me, please reread what I wrote. It clearly does not state you, I said how it bugs when when girls do.

I am trying to help you. It wasn't what you were looking for but I wanted to bring it to your attention how putting yourself could come across. It was not directly expressed as that is was you were trying to for, but it could be taken as it was implied. I feel if you were truly looking for just help in your look the 'ugly' was never needed. You still would have gotten the advice you wanted without it.

I am not here to argue with you or anything. I just wish you thought more highly of yourself because no one deserves to put themselves down. As someone said earlier, 'ugly' should be forgotten and not used ever when we discribe ourselves.

I do fully expect you to make your own assumption on your part of what I am trying to come across and further argue/disagree with me with. Which is absolutely fine with me. Please understand my intention and at least agree to disagree. This is a public forum and we are entitle to our own opinions, especially if we are not bashing the other member.

i dont understand why you would mention it at all if supposidly you didnt think that was what i was doing, and its hard not to get insulted by your comment...but yeah ill agree to disagree
yes.gif

*KT*

Check out some of the tutorials here. There are some amazing looks that might be different from what you're used to and may get you out of your funk.

marreyes38

Quote:

i dont understand why you would mention it at all if supposidly you didnt think that was what i was doint...i will agree to disagree but its hard not to get insulted by your comment...i really dont know how u dont expect me to think thatw what you're implying im doing when you mention it at all...if you didnt think that was what i was doing then theres no need to mention it at all dont you think?

miss_supra

Quote:
i dont understand why you would mention it at all if supposidly you didnt think that was what i was doint...i will agree to disagree but its hard not to get insulted by your comment...i really dont know how u dont expect me to think thatw what you're implying im doing when you mention it at all...if you didnt think that was what i was doing then theres no need to mention it at all dont you think?

I am sorry you still can't grasp my intention.
smiles.gif