I need foundation help :( please help me!

DollyGirl92

Hi! I am in quite the rut and it's getting me down.
I've got really dry and I mean super dry Pale skin, I'm about an NW/NC 10, I'm slightly more cool than warm but not enough to be a defined NW or NC.
I'm currently using MAC studio sculpt in NC15 as it seems to run light enough and my powder lightens up any difference but it look really bad, by about lunchtime my skin looks really dry and horrible. I've tried not using a powder, but it normally means my foundation stays on for about 5 minutes.
I'm also seriously struggling to get a nice finish with the 187 or 190 brush, both make me look awful.
any help girls?
Brushes, primers, foundations, moisturisers anything or the lot!

I've tried these foundations recently -
MAC Studio Sculpt
MAC Select SPF
Illamasqua Rich Foundation
Revlon Colourstay (Dry/Normal one)

My Skincare -
Clinqiue 3 step in type 1, and take of the day balm. nothing's ever made my skin as clear as clinique but it has stayed just as dry since I started.

I'm considering NARS sheer glow at the moment but I'm unsure, and I don't want to waste more money on more foundation that's really not working.

Please help, it's starting to get me down looking in the mirror and feeling crap
ssad.gif

**I am in the UK by the way**

xxManBeaterxx

Nars sheer glow foundation is amazing
MUFE HD foundation
Chanel pro lumiere (its expensive and you need a setting powder for it)

If you struggle with oily skin try using mac's blot powder over foundation. It's a sheer coverage powder, it doesnt appear white on cameras, and its a great setting powder.

When I first started using foundation i found the 109 brush was the best brush for me. I just buffed the product on using the brush and it gave me a flawless finish. Let me tell you the 109 is definitely not supposed to be used for liquid foundation because mine started to go bald after 2 years, but it was worth it!

If your unsure about the foundations you could always ask the MA at a sephora store or at the counter for some samples.

DirtyHarriet

I'd say either NARS sheer glow or Chanel Vitalumiere. Clinique also do a nice foundation for dry skin, but I can't remember the name. Also, try to get a sample if possible, and try it a couple of times before you buy. Foundation can be expensive if it ends up not working for you in the end.

With dry skin, try to avoid powdering except for in the t-zone (if you get oily there) - I have dry skin and I find this helps the foundation not to get cakey.

Also, have you thought about a moisturizing primer? Maybe the Laura Mercier one since it doesn't have silicones. Again, get a sample and see if it helps.

Good luck!

staceb1990

Nars Sheer glow really is wonderful. It sounds like we have similar skin as far as coloring goes, and "Siberia" is lighter then NC15 Studio Sculpt, and more of a neutral undertone. You also don't have to wear powder with it.

Simply Elegant

I think you really need to take the best care of your skin before getting more foundation as the dryness won't make it look as good as it can be. If you don't have acne prone skin, try using an oil based moisturizer like a body moisturizer. If you want a heavy water based moisturizer Curel makes a couple. My skin is oily but the surface gets dry and flaky if I don't moisturize at night so I use that and the flakes are gone in a day.

Serums are more moisturizing and can be used under makeup if you really let it sink in. You could apply that and have breakfast or something else before applying your foundation. CoverFX has a really good one and it's good for sensitive skin.

Aloe vera is also a good moisturizer you could use at night but it can't be used under makeup because it'll ball up the foundation.

Only exfoliate once a week with something gentle like baking soda. You don't need anything really grainy.

I just think skin comes first if you want a good base.

As for foundations, MUFE HD and face and body are good for dry skin.