I need help with makeup and stuff

LittleBlackStar

Okay, a little background info.

My name is Ashlyn (not legally) and I was unlucky enough to have been born a boy (blah). But, I was lucky enough to get my dad to agree to let me start online school next year. So that's wonderful news. That means I get to dress however I want because I'll be in the safety of my own home.

However, I don't know a lot about makeup unfortunately. I would really love to be able to look at myself and not recognize the boy I see now. It would make me so happy, but how can I achieve this? What makeup should I use and what tools as well? And also, I know this isn't the right forum to ask but, what about clothes, hair, and nails too? I guess nails isn't really that much of a concern since I know how to paint them pretty well. But the others are a big concern. I don't care about looking too feminine, in fact I would prefer it. So, any tips for any of these, no matter how short or long, would be very much appreciated. Thank you so much in advance! I really do appreciate anyone answering.

LittleBlackStar

Whoops, forgot to add, my hair is currently down to my shoulders. A little longer if I straighten it but I never do. Thanks again!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Hi Ashlyn :)

I'm not sure if there are any specific tips I could give you, but I think it would be a good suggestion to look at some YouTube videos. There are lots of male makeup artists, I'm sure you can find some tips on how to apply makeup, how to contour your face to make your features look more feminine, etc.
And doing your makeup always takes practice, so I would suggest buying some basic products, like a black mascara, a natural blush shade, maybe a lipstick or lipgloss, and concealer and foundation or powder, and then just play around with it and see what works for you. Maybe you could go to a makeup counter and ask for some help there, if that is something you would feel comfortable with.

Eyebrows are important I think, so if you still have natural brows I would get them done, or do them yourself.

As for hair, nails, etc I guess that's something you should play around with as well, and try to find what feels right for you.
I hope that was of some help for you.

LittleBlackStar

Hi Ashlyn :)

I'm not sure if there are any specific tips I could give you, but I think it would be a good suggestion to look at some YouTube videos. There are lots of male makeup artists, I'm sure you can find some tips on how to apply makeup, how to contour your face to make your features look more feminine, etc.
And doing your makeup always takes practice, so I would suggest buying some basic products, like a black mascara, a natural blush shade, maybe a lipstick or lipgloss, and concealer and foundation or powder, and then just play around with it and see what works for you. Maybe you could go to a makeup counter and ask for some help there, if that is something you would feel comfortable with.

Eyebrows are important I think, so if you still have natural brows I would get them done, or do them yourself.

As for hair, nails, etc I guess that's something you should play around with as well, and try to find what feels right for you.
I hope that was of some help for you.
Thank you ma'am I'll definitely do that. Also, I've had my eyebrows done before but the lady who did it was all weird about it. Even still, I loved how they changed my looks. I'll definitely be doing that again. I thought about doing it on my own but I've always been so afraid of doing something wrong. Thank you though!!!

shellygrrl

Staff member
In all this, you also need to think about skincare. Get a good routine in place first. (Products will depend on your skintype.) I agree you should check out makeup tutorials on Youtube. There are several male makeup artists/beauty Youtubers out there, but don't overlook the women, either. There's loads of advice out there. With regards to makeup products, this will depend on your age, IMO. If you're very young (tweens or early teen years), you may want to just stick with mascara and lipgloss to start; if you're a bit older, you can play with more products. If you've got access to a counter, they can help you get started. For clothes, hair, and nails, you can also browse Youtube for help with putting outfits and whatnot together, but I also recommend checking out Pinterest.

LittleBlackStar

For clothes, hair, and nails, you can also browse Youtube for help with putting outfits and whatnot together, but I also recommend checking out Pinterest.
Thanks! I'll definitely check out Pinterest. I forgot all about that site. I'm 15 by the way. Turning 16 next March. All of this will take place after my birthday once school is over.