I Need some Advice

macnina

Hello MAC Fans-
wavey.gif

I am new to this site, and I have been lurking for about a month now. You guys give great advice, I need some opinions on blush and highlighting .

I have pretty much finished my eye shadow & lipstick collection an I have a wide range of colors that I use so I don't like to keep repeating the same colors (Although I know that no one MAC color is ever really the same, maybe similar)

Anywhooooo I'm moving onto blush & I would like to possibly try some highlighters. I am NC45 similar to Beyonce shade with a reddish-golden undertone (I hope I am using the correct select sheer pressed powder???). I have now in my blush collection: Lady blush, Celebrity pink (Diana Ross collection), and factory that pink paint cheekue (are these discontinued??).

I am kinda of intimidated by blush, because I like when it looks natural not clownish, so I kinda want to keep it sheer and natural (although I do like me ladyblush crème) . Right now I have made a selection of a few I like and I would like to receive some feedback on which ones I should purchase.

They are very similar except one; please let me know if there are any other shades that would go great with my tone, I don't really care for matte but I am open to all finishes. My picks are Sunbasque, margin, coppertone & dame. As for as highlighting goes what’s that all about???, I went to the MAC counter a couple weeks ago and the girl used petalsecnt eye shadow as a highlighter, she said it makes you look like you have a hallow over your head, whatever that means but it did like really nice.

. Is that what the MSF do?? how do you use those anyway?? I am sorry for such a long post & so many questions I am a Gemini & in Cosmo school so please bare with me. Your knowledge will be much appreciated.
th_dunno.gif

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnina
Anywhooooo I'm moving onto blush & I would like to possibly try some highlighters. I am NC45 similar to Beyonce shade with a reddish-golden undertone (I hope I am using the correct select sheer pressed powder???). I have now in my blush collection: Lady blush, Celebrity pink (Diana Ross collection), and factory that pink paint cheekue (are these discontinued??).

The cheekhues are DC. You can still find them at some counters/stores, ebay and CCOs.

Quote:
They are very similar except one; please let me know if there are any other shades that would go great with my tone, I don't really care for matte but I am open to all finishes. My picks are Sunbasque, margin, coppertone & dame. As for as highlighting goes what’s that all about???, I went to the MAC counter a couple weeks ago and the girl used petalsecnt eye shadow as a highlighter, she said it makes you look like you have a hallow over your head, whatever that means but it did like really nice.

Sounds like we have similar complexions. I have Margin, Format, Style, and Pleasureful blushcreme. I need so many more. I also have some non-MAC shades. You should check out the blushes that are part of Culturebloom. There are some really nice ones.

Quote:
Is that what the MSF do?? how do you use those anyway?? I am sorry for such a long post & so many questions I am a Gemini & in Cosmo school so please bare with me. Your knowledge will be much appreciated.
th_dunno.gif

LOL...I am a gemini too! Are you a May or June Gemini? I am guessing May. LOL. Anyway, MSFs are great for highlighters. I have several of them and use them right along the top of my cheekbones. You can use them alone or with blush. But you can use eyeshadow as a highlight, irridescent pressed or loose powder, ccbs, etc.

macnina

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, I know it was long but I appreciate you answering some of my questions. June 2 Baby!!! What is a good MSF for or skin color? I have a creme blush and I like it, but I worry about wearing it in the Cali summer with it being hot an all.

aziajs

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to read my post, I know it was long but I appreciate you answering some of my questions. June 2 Baby!!! What is a good MSF for or skin color? I have a creme blush and I like it, but I worry about wearing it in the Cali summer with it being hot an all.

Ummmm.....I really like Naked You. Since it was one of the last ones released you will probably have an easier time finding it. It's one that a lot of people dislike because it has veins of silver glitter in it but I love it. It's a really pretty light bronze color. It looks really pretty along the cheekbone. I just tap my brush to shake off the excess glitter then apply it. I also sweep a clean brush over it to remove any excess glitter if necessary. You could also just use your finger to pat it on. I actually like to do it this way, it's more concentrated. Other ones I like are Petticoat, Gold Deposit, Porcelain Pink, Metal Rock, Stereo Rose. I like to use all of them, except Metal Rock, as a highlight. Metal Rock it a good bronzer or color to use in the hollows of your cheeks for contour. Hope that helps.

mspixieears

If you so happen to come across Dada Delight cheekhue, you may really like it. It's a lot less brighter than Factory and oh-so pretty! I do have a bit of a cheekhue bias, however.