I need to loose 30 pounds.

chilwah

I find eyetoy kenetic more effective than wii fit, it makes you sweat and ache for days, which is the problem, bc I need a few days off to smooth the soreness then couldn't be bothered to start again.

iShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilwah
I find eyetoy kenetic more effective than wii fit, it makes you sweat and ache for days, which is the problem, bc I need a few days off to smooth the soreness then couldn't be bothered to start again.

I'm still sore from Thursday!! 2 Aleve and 2 Tylenol every 8 hours :O

COBI

I'm a huge fan of the Tabata protocol (20 secs high/max intensity, 10 seconds rest x 8 cycles=4 minutes per round); I do 5 rounds with 60 seconds between each round.

There's an online timer here (with 5 rounds): Online Tabata Clock - Workout Timer

That site also has downloadable version to put on your ipod. I use a mixing software to overlay the tabata timer over my workout music before putting it on my ipod.

The important thing about doing tabata rounds is that the 20 seconds should be high intensity. If you do 20 seconds of easy work, followed 10 seconds of rest, you will not get the benefits.

This works for both strength exercises or cardio. I've used it with free weights, kettlebells, treadmill, bootcamp-style, cycling/spinning.

pdtb050606

I was thinking about picking up Jillian Michaels 30 day shred...is anyone still using it and if so are you seeing results?

blindpassion

Hi ladies. Here to check in again.

I've lost another 4 pounds! So, just about twenty pounds total since I began! Only 10 more to go! (I will probably do 15 more if I can).

I feel fantastic. It's so worth it ladies. The workouts are worth it, eating healthy is worth it - I'm down almost 2 pant sizes
smiles.gif

Good luck to EVERYONE. <3

pdtb050606

^^ That's awesome! Reading this thread has really gotten me motivated again, hence me putting my weight loss ticker in my sig--I now feel more accountable

blowyourmind

hey everyone
smiles.gif

I just started the 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels. & I also bought her 2 other dvds! I've been going for about 6 days. Hopefully I keep it up, lol! I need to start eating healthier also!

Ruby_Woo

So today was a disaster. Absolutly horrible.

We went to the fair thats in town and, man I went to town on the food.
I had:
-deep fried snickers
-BBQ Ribs
-1/4 funnel cake
-Kettle corn (1/4) of a bag.
-Lemonade

and in the morning I had:
-Cinamon raisin bagel w/ cream cheese
-Hot cocoa

So yes, I totally went over board. UGH!!!! boo.

I am gonna have to be extra good from tomorrow on. I hate feeling so guilty :s

pdtb050606

^^ Just use your guilt as motivation to get back at it.

My problem is that since I've been working out I feel more hungry than normal? I've been told that it means I'm metabolising (spell?) my food more quickly. Any advice on something that could kick my little cravings?

Sass

Now I want a deep fried Snickers. Yeah when you hop off the wagon you just gotta jump back on right away. Be well!

Ruby_Woo

Thanks ladies! I am definetly being more strict w/ my food choices today. I feel guilty about yesterday, but man, let me tell you that I do not regret the snickers. OMG! YUM! the other stuff, I could have done without. Boo.

next time I go to the fair, I'll just include it w/ my calorie intake for the day, even if it means eating cardboard fiber for dinner lol.

chiquilla_loca

Deep fried snickers! that's sounds wonderful. glad there's no carnival close by. i had my "cheat" with pizza last night. i'm trying to compensate today by drinking lots of fluids & a protein shake.

Good job everyone losing weight! I'm in the same boat however let's just say mine's a ship.
lol.gif

I've been updating my info on my weight loss journal thread and check up on the other threads for inspiration & info. Thanks to you Ladies!

purrtykitty

Lol, Ruby_Woo...that all that fair food is hard to resist! Just consider it your cheat day and keep on truckin'. Word of advice, though...drink a little extra water these next couple of days. Those are some salty foods you ate and you'll want to make sure to flush all that salt (and other bad stuff) out of your system.

Besides, who knows...maybe your body will take that as the jump-start it needed and you'll kick those last few pounds in no time!

blindpassion

I try not to have a cheat day, but once a week I'll treat myself to a dinner I normally wouldn't have (pasta, pizza, chinese food) etc etc.

That way its only one meal and I dont feel like I've spent an entire day destroying my progress.