I said: Prep + Prime Eye Makes Me Itch :D

OohJeannie

Hey All,

I bought Prep + Prime Eye and the first time I used it my lids began to itch. I washed my face and had little bumps n it seemed they were dry and sorta scaley.
eeksign.gif
lol

So I've done a search on here for allergic reactions to e/s primer...and I've only come up with reactions to actual e/s. Anyone ever experience this? Should I just use paints instead...does it do the same job?
th_dunno.gif

And does MAC take anything back if someone has an allergic reaction to their product? LOL (Dumb question...but its worth asking)

Thaaanks ya'll

Jeannie

Odette

You can return any cosmetic product if you have a problem with it even though the sales staff may tell you otherwise. Let them know why you are returning it since all companies like to track why products are returned in case there is a problem with a batch or formula.

OohJeannie

Wow thank you! You were so right. So I learned how to depot my e/s and took all mine back to my MAC store...I figured what the hell let me see what they say with the Prep + Prime Eye. They took it back and I was able to change it for a paint pot which will work for me too.
yahoo.gif

knoxydoll

I had an allergic reaction to it too, because of this I haven't used any of the other prep + primes...

OohJeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll
I had an allergic reaction to it too, because of this I haven't used any of the other prep + primes...

Well whats weird is nothing else irritates my skin. I use Prep + Prime Eyelash and face. They work well for me!

nooeeyy

If you are looking for a good alternative to prime your lids go for a base, Cream Colour bases are great. Try Pearl if your shadow is light. I do recommend Luna if you ae working with blues or yellows. I actually use Impropper Copper as a daily base and love it. Its great to blend. I find that the paints arent all that great as a base, for me at least. Also look into the Urban Decay Primer Lotion. But caution, all you need is a little bit. Other than that it gets sticky.