i thought i was cool tones but...

elib067

so i went to the mac counter a few months ago but never really looked at the color i bought. the ma did foundation and concealer and i knew the concealer was nw20. i thought that was odd because i've always been told i had cool tones but i figured maybe concealer they put the opposite because i have such bad dark circles. well i was just looking at my bottle of studio fix fluid and i am nw20 which was a shocker to me. i can't pull of warm colors on my eyes and whenever i've been to a makeup counter they always suggest cool tones. i don't know if this is just me but has anyone else ever had this problem? the color still works but sometimes i look a little tanner than i normally am, which is fine with me because i am obviously pale, but i have such pink undertones that i'm worried that maybe the nc20 would be a better match. thanks to everyone who responds!

SquirrelQueen

You are cool toned. MAC is a little bassackwards in that NC, or Neutral Cool, is actually warm while NW, Neutral Warm, is cool. NC is more for those with yellow undertones while NW is for those with pink undertones.

Here's a link that will help you: http://specktra.net/foundation.php

Some just think of NC as meaning "not cool" and NW as meaning "not warm" to help them keep MAC's coloring system straight.
winkiss.gif

user46

wow, thanks. i never knew that! Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelQueen
You are cool toned. MAC is a little bassackwards in that NC, or Neutral Cool, is actually warm while NW, Neutral Warm, is cool. NC is more for those with yellow undertones while NW is for those with pink undertones.

Here's a link that will help you: Specktra.net

Some just think of NC as meaning "not cool" and NW as meaning "not warm" to help them keep MAC's coloring system straight.
winkiss.gif