I'd love to rip my cousins head off right now!!! (MAJOR VENTING)

amoona

Ok I just need to vent so I don't flip out right now. So I'm going to treat Specktra as my lil "Dear Diary" for the moment.

Feb. 9th my cousins and I are going to this huge Arabic concert, this Egyptian singer named Ehab Tawfiq is coming and it's a big deal. First time he's been back for 4 years and he's amazing. We got 5th row tickets ($131 each) and one of my cousins and I already bought our dresses and my other cousin is flying out from Vegas. I made the mistake of buying the tickets on my credit card and I bought a ticket for my cousin (we'll call her R) and her supposed to be future fiance.

Turns out her future fiance's sisters bought him a ticket instead and he has to go with them because it's "not proper" for him to go with her since they're not really engaged yet. That's fine, he apologized and said he'll pay her for the ticket anyway. Because of this my cousin R decides that his family hates her and they're not going to get engaged. Now she doesn't want to go to the concert and she doesn't want to get the money from him. I personally don't care because I know she's over reacting and being an idiot.

Then R tells me that she's going to sell her tickets to my other cousin and his wife (we'll call her H). H is the most annoying human being I've ever came across in my life. NONE OF US CAN STAND HER! We're only nice to her for the sake of my cousin. We hate her. Taking her anywhere with us is a bother because she is that annoying. Even when she just speaks it gives everyone a head ache cuz she has one of those annoying voices on top of it. Still don't believe me? For New Years we decided to bring her with us and when we were at my cousin getting ready after only 30 minutes my mother got such a head ache from her she winded up not coming. My mom stayed home alone on New Years and gave up a $100 ticket to a party because she did not want to be anywhere around H.

So I tell my cousin R if she sells her tickets to H I'm not going to go. What's her response? "Well I don't wanna be out $260 so that's the only way." This is a girl who has $70k sitting in an investment account and another $20k sitting in her savings account. Not to mention she drives around in an expensive luxury car and she lives at home and makes $60k a year. Her only bill is her cell phone!!!!!!!!! So She wants to sell her tickets to H (because she's the "ONLY" person who can buy them) and get her $260 and I'll be out $131 because I just can't go if H is going. She's so selfish and cheap she doesn't care.

She's making a big deal of it for no reason. The guy said he'd pay for the ticket but she just doesn't want to see him nemore because she thinks his family hates her. So not only is she f'n up the concert for us but she's also f'n up her life because now she doesn't want to see this guy anymore.

After waiting 4 years and spending $131 on tickets and $100 on a dress I'm not going to even be able to go because of my stupid cousin R. And who knows when the singer will be back because it's rare for these singers to come multiple times all the way from the Middle East to throw a concert here. Like I said before this the last time he was here was 4 years ago!

Grrrrrrr I'm just pissed as hell. I'm attempting to sell the two tickets to someone I know but everyone already bought their tickets so it's going to be very unlikely I'll be selling the tickets. I'm no longer relying on family for anything.

kaliraksha

Oh man, that's frustrating... I would probably put them up on Craigslists or Ebay and see if you can sell them as a set...

next time let her put them on her credit card too...

Sorry Amoona =(

~LadyLocks~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
Oh man, that's frustrating... I would probably put them up on Craigslists or Ebay and see if you can sell them as a set...

next time let her put them on her credit card too...

Sorry Amoona =(

^^ I agree. Craigslist would so be the perfect place to sell your ticket quickly. I know what you mean about cousins though "I'd love to rip my cousins head off right now", this was so me about a month ago but then I realized that it's not worth getting all worked up over, I don't like waisting time on people who don't deserve it :shrug:

Anyway, good luck!!

SARAHluvsMAC

Ahhh girl... that SO sounds like something that would happen to me and my pakistani soap opera of a life...lol

I'm sorry! I hope it works out for you!

queenofdisaster

i know how you feel... sometimes you can't even trust family, i have learned that the hard way many times. i hope everything works out for you, let us know what happens!

amoona

Thanks ladies, I've calmed down a lil but I'm still hating my cousin haha. I've blasted it on Myspace & Facebook and I've sent out mass text messages haha (don't u love those) and I'm going to try craigslist too. Thanks!

Raerae

Why not just take the tickets and grab a friend of yours and go? Yeh your out a few dollars for the extra ticket, but at least you got to go to the concert with people you want to go with.

Just sell the extra tickets on EBay/Craigs list.

The worst thing you can do for yourself right now, is to NOT go. Your gonna be even MORE mad at yourself for missing this concert, especially when it's such a rare occasion, and obviously something you were totally looking forward too.

And look at it this way? You can tell your cousin how amazing it was and make her jealous she was stupid and didn't wanna go because of a guy.

amoona

$260 is a lot of money to be out. Plus all my friends already have their tickets which is the hard part. When I get home tonight I'm going to try and put them online and hopefully someone will take them off my hands!

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
$260 is a lot of money to be out.

Regrets cost a lot more though.

You can always earn $260.00, you wont be able to see this concert EVER again, and who knows when the artist will be back, if ever.

G'luck selling em. You could always scalp them at the door if you can't sell them on-line.

Shimmer

Quote:
$260 is a lot of money to be out. Plus all my friends already have their tickets which is the hard part. When I get home tonight I'm going to try and put them online and hopefully someone will take them off my hands!

Personally, I'd go.
No sense cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Have a good time, make good memories, and ignore irritating cousin.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
.....So She wants to sell her tickets to H (because she's the "ONLY" person who can buy them) .....

IMO, if she asked you to buy the tickets, she needs to cowboy up and pay you. How she gets that money shouldn't have to be your problem. I would tell her that you made a deal and whether she chooses to keep the tickets or sell them is not your problem, you just want the money you are owed. You held up your end of the deal, now she needs to hold up hers.

I agree with the others, if you are looking forward to this concert, don't let her crap force you out of going. Even if she does sell her tix to "H", then just don't go together. Keep it as seperate as possible. At least at the concert she can't talk to you alot, as the music will be playing. Or you could just bring a muzzle for her. Ohhhh, did I say that?

Hope it works out for you.

Hawkeye

Tell your cousin to f'in grow up.
Seriously-if she hasn't paid you for her ticket yet you tell her to give the ticket back and you go. I mean seriously-if this guy is that hard to see (since he came 4 years ago) and you got some kick ass seats, just go. I mean seriously- this is my way of thinking:

If I had seats like that to a Paul McCartney concert, my ass would be there in a heartbeat! I think you are really really going to regret not going.

xmrsvindieselx

I would let her come if shes going to pay the 260..its a concert so you wont have to hear her during it..and drop her home right after..

kaliraksha

Yeah I would still ask for the 260 and let her deal with the problem. Definitely. If you get "lucky" she won't sell the tix and then you get a lot of open space next to you... heh.

little teaser

i would do what ever it takes to sell them and get your money back even if it meant you had to deal with the annoying cousin for a few hours, go and have a good time then drop her off at home asap after its over..