I'm a foster mom!

xxManBeaterxx

Since losing my job, I became a temporary stay at home mom, we decided to become foster parents since we had an extra room to spare (I have a 6 year old and 8 month old twins) I had no idea that it was such a long and arduous process... Full medical check, psychological testing, criminal background check (finger printing), they wanted our old college transcripts, financial information, we had to take a written exam, caseworkers came to our home randomly, the list goes on..

Anyways, Introducing... *drum roll please* Ray Lynn (5) and Charlie Sue (2)! They will be staying with us for a few months while their mother gets sober and completes rehab. At first we wanted to adopt 2 children but now im not so sure, i find it impossible to give each child the attention they deserve... One thing is for sure.. this will definitely be a Christmas to remember
heart.gif

I'm not sure if i will be one for very long, its difficult to protect your own kids from danger when you don't know what these foster kids are capable of, for example a lot of children are sexually abused and self destructive. It's stressful.. I always keep one eye open...

[Awh i have to remove the picture
ssad.gif
]

cupcake_x

That is really great you chose to become a foster mom. My mother is a case worker, it is apparently very hard to find foster parents. I'm sure you'll do great! Good luck!

xquizite

aww congrats!! it is a verrrryy long process! my best friend recently became a foster mom to 2 kids; a 1 1/2 yr old and a month old newborn!
smiles.gif
its a blessing & youre doing such a great thing! and its too bad you cant show off their pics
ssad.gif
but im sure their just precious!!