i'm gonna kill my cat

Pink_lily

I'm not REALLY going to kill her...just threaten her!

Last night I was sound asleep when my oldest cat came into my room and decided it was time to chew on my hair, which is what she does when she's hungry. I just laid there and would push her off when necessary. Well, at one point, she jumped up right beside me on the very edge of the bed....then fell off, scratching my eye as she went down.

Now I've got a nice deep little cut just above the crease of my right eye, the entire area surrounding the cut is swollen, and I can't open my eye all the way because of how swollen it is! I HATE not being able to wear make-up because of this!

Hopefully this day gets better after the kitty attack at 5:30am.

Janice

Oh no! Thank god you're OK and she didn't scratch your actual eye! I hope your feeling alright after that and your eye isn't terribly swollen.
ssad.gif

pale blue

eep have you been to the doctor yet? Maybe they can prescribe some sort of antibiotic to prevent major infection (just because of the area that was scratched). Hope it gets better soon!

brandiisamonkey

I know how you feel! Atleast my cat didnt scratch my eye b ut a while back she scratched the heck out of my wrist and now I have a scar there that makes it look like I tried to kill myself
ssad.gif

Pink_lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerisier
eep have you been to the doctor yet? Maybe they can prescribe some sort of antibiotic to prevent major infection (just because of the area that was scratched). Hope it gets better soon!

i washed it out immediately and put some neosporin on, so i think i'll be okay. that and i absolutely HATE going to see a doctor because of the crap i go through with my insurance company. the swelling's gone down a bit thankfully, i'm just annoyed that i couldn't do any make-up like usual!

Urbana

im so sad about it! i know what it feels! my cat was scratching me all the time, the worst was when he hurted my toe so bad! i almost couldnt walk!
mainly thats why i dont play or whatever with him anymore... :p

YOOTOPiA

omg... im glad to hear that it wasn't serious, i hope you have a speedy recovery.
see this is why i prefer dogs =) the whole claw thing is scary...
icon_eek.gif

Wattage

ok this is kinda weird but last night my cat was super hyper and he ran in the room, jumped on the bed but as he did, he grabbed onto my legs and totally sliced up my ankle and lower leg - I was bleeding like nuts! Maybe it's something in the air? Full moon?? Crazy kitties... should lay off the cat nip.