Imats 2010

aroseisarose

January 30/31st - IMATS 2010 show

Noticed a thread about the IMATS a while ago but then I realised that I had missed it. Crap! Would love to go to the next one and I realise that it is a long way away but I would really like to arrange a meet up with some UK Specktra girls (or guys). Going on my own doesn't really appeal.
Let me know if you are interested in meeting up xx
anyone.gif

IMATS London 2010 - IMATS Link

wonderdust

I really really want to go this time. Shame it's on at such a crap time of year when money isn't the greatest post Christmas.

inconspicuous

Ahh crap. I'd really love love love to go but I can't afford to book anything right now since I've got to save up for a trip to Canada and a trip to Cancun by September </3

I guess we'll see how it goes.

amber_j

I also want to go. Hopefully I won't have to travel or work this time around. Will probably go on the Saturday. Definitely up for meeting other Specktrites who'll be there!

TigerGrrl

I definitely want to go to this - are the tickets on sale yet or have they already sold out? I can't click on the tickets box on the website ... fingers crossed I'm not too late!

toparistonight

I want to go, but none of my friends are bothered about coming, especially not for the price it is, so I'd loveee to meet up with some people! Haha.
Does anyone know if you'll be able to get a MAC pro card there?

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by toparistonight
Does anyone know if you'll be able to get a MAC pro card there?

Yeah you can, which is the only reason why I went this year. You pay £25 and fill in a form and it arrives 3 wks later.

The UK IMATS in comparison to the U.S one is crap IMO. My friend and I were shocked at how small it was. We expected way more brands to have stalls there. Maybe it was cos of the current economic climate ...I dunno, but I expected far more considering how expensive the tickets are.

We were pretty much done after browsing for an hour and a half but stayed a lil' longer to justify the effort spent getting there. You can see Ally Pally from my bedroom window but my friend had spent an hour driving up to me.

amber_j

^ That's why I'm reluctant to go, but I really want to apply for a Pro card if they'll accept applications at the show again next year.

Blushbaby

Dunno if you've heard the rumour, but IMATS may be pulling the plug on the Pro cards as some people complained to MAC about a YT'ers (Lollipop26) video expressing her glee at getting one back in January.

It's just a RUMOUR at present so don't freak out, but just keep it in mind for next year as nothing lasts forever.

Here's her blog post:

lollipop26: Don't shoot the messenger