IMATS Los Angeles 2008

MsCuppyCakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupNdesign
The models at MAC were great. One was pretty friendly to the spectators but the other one on the right (if you're facing the MAC Pro sign) was kind of an arse--sorry, I had to put it out there =P But he had a hot bod so I guess that made up for it some. The artists overall did some incredible work!! I'll be posting up a vid very soon on YouTube for those that were unable to make it
smiles.gif

P.S.: Did anyone else think that they were gonna die under the sweltering sun??? It was boiling hot that weekend but IMATS was totally worth melting in the heat
winks.gif

Saturday was much hotter than Sunday. Glad I went to IMATs on Sunday.
yes.gif

XxArtisticOnexX

I went Sat. Not sunday though
ssad.gif
I really wanted togo both days. Yay It was so freaken hott! I was burning up once I got out of the car ..walking...

Celly

I went all day Saturday. I had so much fun! I also took a couple of classes. I was so excited to apply for my MAC PRO card I received a temporary card now I just have to wait to receive the real one in the mail. I will be attending the MAC PRO Bridal class on Sunday the 29th @ the Robertson location. Is anyone else going? I spent so much money my boyfriend is mad at me lol.

Here's the classes I attended
Hands on Hi-Def: Makeup Forever
How to get the job, Make money & beyond: Crown Brush
Perfect Beauty Makeup "Simply" Beautiful: Cinema Makeup School
Fall/Winter Trends: MAC

aeni

I was there for the competitions. Crissy from my school won 2nd for the FX one.

So much free stuff. Only went to 2 classes and didn't get to meet Kaazu.
ssad.gif
IMATS should be a week long event and I need to clone myself.

user79

I saw they have an IMATS in London as well, it's in the winter. I think I want to go next year.

MsCuppyCakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I saw they have an IMATS in London as well, it's in the winter. I think I want to go next year.

You should definitely go, you'll love it.

Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupNdesign
You will LOVE the Bridal Class--I attended at my local MAC counter a few months back and learned so much about application/products etc. And I've been doing weddings forever, lol. Is Christopher D. teaching?

Great I am so excited to go. This will be my first of many classes to come. I don't know who is teaching the class all I know is it's at the Robertson Location in LA on Sunday. I will take notes and post them for everyone.

Esperanza

I wanted to go in the London one (took place in January) but I didn't manage to save enough money at the time... crap... I've missed Rick Baker, he was one of the spokesperson at the IMATS this year. I was sooo disappointed
ssad.gif
I'd definitely try to go next time, no matter what!

user79

OMG! We should have a Specktra meetup for UK & European ladies at the IMATS in London next year!! Haha...that would be so fun!