Important Eye Makeup Application Question!!!

pnuttbuttajelli

hai everyone
i had no idea where to ask this, so im hoping this is the right forum (if you could suggest somewhere that would yield more/better results, that would be AWESOME).

everyone at my job (including customers) know im obsessed with makeup and i try something new every day and i will talk about it all day if i could. i have a coworker who also likes makeup so we talk about it all the time too.

so one of our other coworkers, who is in her mid-late 40s (idk her exact age) said to us on saturday, "you guys like makeup so much, maybe you could help me!"

her issue is that her eyes are literally two different sizes. one looks completely normal while the other is much smaller and a little bit more inset. she said she doesnt know anything about makeup and the only thing she used to wear was eyeliner and mascara, but when she put it on both eyes, it made the smaller one look smaller.
i told her what should try doing is applying mascara and eyeliner to the bigger eye so it could look smaller, and on the smaller one use a lighter color mascara and eyeliner so it doesnt look so Clockwork Orange.
but idk what im talking about because i've never run into the issue personally or even seen it online.

i told her i'd ask online, so here i am.
what could she do to make her eyes look as even as possible?
i wish i had a picture to better explain what im talking about, but im hoping my description helped give you an idea. she has strawberry blonde hair, light green eyes, and kinda fair skin (pink undertones) with freckles... if that helps, lol.

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!

gildedangel

I think that you gave her the right advice, maybe if she tried a more natural color like brown it wouldn't be so obvious. Or to go ahead and line and mascara both eyes but to make the eyeliner a bit thicker on the bigger eye. She could also use white eyliner on the smaller eye on the waterline to make it appear bigger, that is a great trick. You could also even suggest that she puts emphasis on the lips to draw attention away from the eyes. I am sure that she is beautiful without makeup though!
smiles.gif

pnuttbuttajelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
I think that you gave her the right advice, maybe if she tried a more natural color like brown it wouldn't be so obvious. Or to go ahead and line and mascara both eyes but to make the eyeliner a bit thicker on the bigger eye. She could also use white eyliner on the smaller eye on the waterline to make it appear bigger, that is a great trick. You could also even suggest that she puts emphasis on the lips to draw attention away from the eyes. I am sure that she is beautiful without makeup though!
smiles.gif

yeah she's fine on her own-- she's a normal looking woman, but i can understand how it's a part of you so you're used to it, but you still want to conceal a bit.

i totally forgot that's what white eyeliner could be used for.

i dont want to over-complicate tips for her since she said she doesnt know a thing about makeup and she doesnt seem like the kind of person who wants to wake up as early as i do to put it on, lol

but yeah. thanks!!

ForgetRegret

Another thing she can try is lining her upper waterline on her bigger eye, but not the bottom...some of the liner from the top will transfer, but I'd worry that if she did both, it'd be way too obvious looking...anyway, lining your waterline always closes your eyes a bit...she can line the smaller eye (lashline only) like normal, but depending on how her eye is shaped, she can try just putting mascara on her outer lashes...it could help if eye width is a problem, too.
One more thing; the smaller, more inset eye, she can but a little bit of a brightener (or something similar) under her eye, and on her lid to bring out that eye a bit more.
GL to her, and I hope some of these tips help! I know how it is to be insecure about something like that...hugs to her!