Inaugural Ball look

Bronxcutie

Ladies, I am going to an official inaugural ball for our new president, Barack Obama. I love to wear colorful shadow, but I don't want to go overboard. Any recommendations would be helpful. I have mostly MAC colors (about 40 of them) and a few Urban Decay shadows thrown in there. I am wearing a black dress.

I am editing this to add that I will have gold accessories. I am thinking my shadows will be gold tones or maybe green.

stronqerx

wear red, white and blue on your eyes...lol j/k
i think a sexy smokey eye would be great ! try maybe a green smokey if u want color

Fairybelle

Not super-creative, but if you want a 'classic' look that won't look to trendy when you look back on your photos for that historic night, you could just invest in the Brunette line from MAC's new Brunette, Blonde, Redhead collection. All the colors work in harmony and work regardless of what you choose to wear since they are neutral enough! HTH, and I KNOW you will look gorgeous, lucky you!!
th_DANCE.gif

PS- I know that you said you had a lot of MAC and UD colors already, but I found the BBR colors to be my new 'neutral' favorites-- close to some perm MAC colors, but not quite the same. Worth the additional 'investment' IMHO.

benzito_714

congratulations and have fun!
i would do something with all that glitters e/s because it is such a nice neutral color that you can play up with any deeper, darker color.

Fataliya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxcutie
Ladies, I am going to an official inaugural ball for our new president, Barack Obama. I love to wear colorful shadow, but I don't want to go overboard. Any recommendations would be helpful. I have mostly MAC colors (about 40 of them) and a few Urban Decay shadows thrown in there. I am wearing a black dress.

I am editing this to add that I will have gold accessories. I am thinking my shadows will be gold tones or maybe green.

I have no advice, but just wanted to say that I'm jealous!! Maybe you'll meet him? I'd probably wet my pants if I were to meet him, lol.