Independent Cosmetic Retail Stores?

slick

There are Sephoras, Ultas, and Department stores everywhere, but I was just curious to know if anyone has an independent cosmetic store in their area?

Here in Portland, OR, there is a store called Product in one of the suburban shopping mall areas. Its a cute little boutique, and they sell Paula Dorf, Kevin Aucion, Scott Barnes, DuWop, BE, and a few more of the 'lesser' known HE cosmetic brands. They also sell cute bags and jewelry and accessory type stuff. Its a nice to go in there sometimes and buy something from a local business!

Also, its like my dream to own my own little beauty store someday. One that caters to the 'alternative' crowd.....carry brands like Manic Panic, Medusas Makeup, Ben Nye and/or Kryolan, the full NYX line (we only get a very limited selection at Ulta here), etc. Maybe even have a little 3-chair hair salon in the back. *sigh* one can dream, right?
yes.gif

Just curious if anyone out there thinks about the same things I do....lol.

ohnna-lee

Planet Beauty, Pure Beauty, Cosmoprof, Naimies, Cinema Secrets, Sally's Beauty Supply... and many more I know but can't think of, girls from the valley, help me out!

There's one where I live. And independent MU store, not a chain. It's called Benet's. It carries Paula Dorf, DuWop, Nars, Lorac, etc. Love it!

BEA2LS

there used to be one in new hope, pa which is like 20 min from me. i forget what it was called and idk if it's still there but i used to love it. they have a custom blend glitter bar, it was great