Indie Girl

ellemarie

I've had my Indie Girl lipstick for a while. It feels kind of flaky and gross when I wear it. I went a few months without using it at all and I don't remember having this problem. Is it typical of a frost lipstick or is my tube old?

coachkitten

I have had that problem with my Madame B Frost lipstick. It isn't really flaky just really hard to put on and it feels major dry. I have kept mine closed tightly and in its original box. I wonder if maybe an ingredient in them makes the frost lipsticks dry after opening.

Isis

I think that's just a general characteristic of frost lipsticks. All of my frosts seem to be like that too from the metal/mica flake (or whatever it is).
Have you tried using a razor blade to scrape a thin layer off the top to expose fresh product? That may help.

Demosthenes

I don't always have a razor around, so I just wipe it with a mu cleansing cloth or swipe some on the back of my hand. It works in a pinch.
smiles.gif
I don't know why, but almost all of my lipsticks from MAC are frosts, lol. The lustres, amplifieds, and mattes don't dry out the way the frosts do.

rouquinne

i think that was a peculiarity of Indie Girl.

it grossed me out to the point that i sold it after wearing it maybe 3 times... i wear frosts all the time and never have that problem with Frenzy, Fresh Moroccan or Ruby Darling.