Inglot Cosmetics - European/Polish brand

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningb3b3
wait,so 85 dollars is for the palette AND the 16 shadows come with it? =D

Yup! and refills (pans) after that are only 10$ or something like that. I think regular shadows are 14$.

enviable

As much as i love mac, i cheated today..after fiddling around in the store for about an hour, i couldn't believe how well pigmented their eyeshadows were...every color is rich and intense? i love mac but i couldn't leave this store without buying anything, especially for the cheap price tag and great colors...i will definitely be returning..

i got the 16 palette for $88 CND and two 5-pro palettes for $15 each.. sorry for the huge pictures..
without flash
p.jpg

with flash
pf.jpg

without flash
palette.jpg

with flash
palettef.jpg

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviable
As much as i love mac, i cheated today..after fiddling around in the store for about an hour, i couldn't believe how well pigmented their eyeshadows were...every color is rich and intense? i love mac but i couldn't leave this store without buying anything, especially for the cheap price tag and great colors...i will definitely be returning..

i got the 16 palette for $88 CND and two 5-pro palettes for $15 each.. sorry for the huge pictures..
without flash

with flash

without flash

with flash

Could you possibly name (number) the colours? Some of those I may have to go pick up.

enviable

same picture again but numbered as requested by knoxydoll...
numbered.jpg

here are some swatches but really the lighting in my room and my webcam do not do these colors justice. they are much brighter..
1.jpg

2.jpg

Ella_

Last night I went and tried out some of their lipsticks and nail polishes.

Again, Im impressed. I got myself 2 lippies - a red and a HOT pink, and one nail polish - black with bright purple shimmer.

Im going back next week for some more lipsticks because there are 3 other reds I want - a girl can NEVER have too many red lippies, and I want to try some of their frost lippies as well as their nudes.

I'll post swatches later tonight when I get my camera back off my partner.

NaturalSister19

I'm headed to Toronto this month just to go to their store. I have a friend who has used this product for years and she swears by it.

Reddevil

Inglot is a new store struggling to make it in the Canadian market that is dominated by MAC. Everyone here seem to worship MAC and they do have some decent product but are definitly not the best in the industry. As make-up artists and people who love make-up we should be embracing new companys trying to make it in the business. So what if they look kinda like MAC and they kinda have similar packaging. How many make-up retailers have Black packaging? I can think of many. They have been around for over 20 years and obviously are doing something right and have good products otherwise they wouldn't be in Canada with all there stores.

Reddevil

Re: Inglot

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeuphore
If you did your research like a good makeup artist, you would know that Inglot was created at least 3 years prior to MAC.
I actually went into a store and asked questions about their product and have fallen in love with it. In regards to what these girls wear... I am a makeup artist and have worn black for most counters I have worked for.. Is Armani, Presciptives, Bobbi Brown, Shiseido, Lancome and countless others copying MAC as well? I'm also a musician... we wear black. Am I copying MAC when on stage performing Beethoven?? You might be pleasantly suprised at the quality of Inglot's products. I used a pencil eyeliner and it stayed on longer than any MAC liner I've ever used. While I love the work MAC does for fundraising for assisting the lives of people who suffer from HIV and AIDS through Viva Glam, I am personally dissapointed in the decline of their product since being taken over by Estee Lauder. I'm sure that you are aware that MAC fluidline is using the same formula as Bobbi Brown's gel liner? All I can say is do your research before you open your mouth.

I couldn't agree more
smiles.gif

prettipolish

I can not stand inglot or whatever, I walked into the one at metrotown trying to test out a eye shadow and I ask the make up artist what is the quality like, and how does it compare to mac, nars, or stila
SHE HAD NEVER EVEN HEARD OF STILA OR NARS!

dirtyMartini

Re: Inglot cosmetics - Euro/Polish line new to NA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll
OOO I love Inglot. One store opened in Ottawa, and I also shelled out the 85$ for the pallet on my second trip there. I'm quite impressed. I do enjoy that the refils are only 4.50$ (also if you want to get your friends pans you can for 4.50$ too which is nice). The websites for them suck though they really need to hire a new designer.

Could you please explain this 4.50 for a refill business? I mean, if I don't purchase the palette, can I just buy the refill pans separately for 4.50? Or do I have to show them that I actually own a palette?
hmm.gif

Ok so I live in Ottawa and I have been to their store a few times.... At first I was browsing through the colors and thought that although they have quite a broad range of selections, the colors weren't all that exciting.. for example they don't have many colors that have some kind of interference, which I love to have.. After returning a few times I did manage to notice a few decent colors.. I bought like one eye shadow and one trio... The quality I would say is below that of MAC, but way above that of drugstore brands..

The trio I got seems to really impress some people, although I find the colors quite subtle.. In the pan it's green/pink/purple.. but when you put it on your lid the pink becomes greenish, the green becomes pinkish, and the purple becomes yellowish, but depending on the angle you can still somewhat see the original color! Not bad, MAC doesn't make those.... What I'm disappointed with is that I've been using them wet, and there seems to be rust that's starting to build up around the edges (wtf!).. This has never happened with any shadow before!!

They do have brushes too, by the way, and they've recently come out with pigments! Overall I do encourage stores like this one to break MAC's monopoly over cool makeup!

Ella_

Im slowly becoming an Inglot junkie
smiles.gif

I now have 2 of their freedom system palettes - the large and small. Ive got a decent range of shades in both, some mattes, 'velvets' (yeah Im using MAC terms) and frosts. I also have one duo tone shadow, a beautiful white that flashes gold in the right light. I want to get some more of the duo tone shadows and probably will later this week.

I also have 6 blushes, 3 matte and 3 neutral. I love them, beautiful to apply, look amazing on and are well pigmented.

Ive already raved about their lippies and pigments, but Im now in love with their highliter bricks and Im tempted to try their bronzing bricks as well.

If I get the chance to do it I'll take some pics of my stuff tonight - everything but the lippies because Ive paletted those.

sleepyhead

Re: Inglot cosmetics - Euro/Polish line new to NA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyMartini
Could you please explain this 4.50 for a refill business? I mean, if I don't purchase the palette, can I just buy the refill pans separately for 4.50? Or do I have to show them that I actually own a palette?
hmm.gif

Ok so I live in Ottawa and I have been to their store a few times.... At first I was browsing through the colors and thought that although they have quite a broad range of selections, the colors weren't all that exciting.. for example they don't have many colors that have some kind of interference, which I love to have.. After returning a few times I did manage to notice a few decent colors.. I bought like one eye shadow and one trio... The quality I would say is below that of MAC, but way above that of drugstore brands..

The trio I got seems to really impress some people, although I find the colors quite subtle.. In the pan it's green/pink/purple.. but when you put it on your lid the pink becomes greenish, the green becomes pinkish, and the purple becomes yellowish, but depending on the angle you can still somewhat see the original color! Not bad, MAC doesn't make those.... What I'm disappointed with is that I've been using them wet, and there seems to be rust that's starting to build up around the edges (wtf!).. This has never happened with any shadow before!!

They do have brushes too, by the way, and they've recently come out with pigments! Overall I do encourage stores like this one to break MAC's monopoly over cool makeup!

i'm also from Ottawa. the refills are $4.50 each when you get your palette, $10 (or $11, i cannot remember) each after that.

inglot actually carries a lot of dual chrome colors, but they look really flat in the pan, so if you try swatching them on your hands you may be suprised. they have about 10 different colors that look like plain white in the pan, but flashes different colors when you swatch them (think pink opal and vanilla pigments). they look gorgeous over dark shadows and eyeliners

i'm not really impressed with their brushes b/c the shadow brushes are a little too big and not stiff enough for me (i think you can get a discount when you buy a bunch of them) and the pigments are quite moist, so they stick to the skin nicely even without a base, but you get 1/3 of the product for the same price as MAC pigments

rabideloise

Oooh, I heard about this cos I work with a bunch of Polish girls and one of them said she bought a bunch of stuff at Inglot when they were in Poland for a month. Any US stores yet??

Ralen81

I visited the Inglot in Metrotown on Saturday and wasn't overly impressed. I found that a lot of their e/s were chalky, sort of a matte texture with pearl mixed in, and they just didn't go on very smooth. Some were nicer though. But overall, there just wasn't any that I had to own. Maybe my m/u collection has just grown too big, but they just didn't have anything I didn't already own. Any WHY do they sell 50 shades of light pink lipstick??? Without a single lavender, purple, or plum?

I did like the loose e/s though. Very richly pigmented and it went on super smooth, but at $22 a pop, I passed.

The only thing I bought was a super shimmery liquid liner.

Also, I just have to say that both MAs working looked awful. One had super bright turquoise e/l on and it looked super cool except that it was creased in a mirror reflection on her eyelids. It certainly didn't make me want to by it.

mental

Pretty much same story as Ralen81. I went to the metrotown one yesterday and found the perfect colour for a nude eyeshadow base (160), I went to ask for help and took one look at the sales girl and walked out. Her makeup was GROSS. Black eyeliner that has bled everywhere, it looked really dirty. Maybe she does not use Inglot or maybe she is just really bad with makeup, who knows but I ain't buying makeup she sells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental
Pretty much same story as Ralen81. I went to the metrotown one yesterday and found the perfect colour for a nude eyeshadow base (160), I went to ask for help and took one look at the sales girl and walked out. Her makeup was GROSS. Black eyeliner that has bled everywhere, it looked really dirty. Maybe she does not use Inglot or maybe she is just really bad with makeup, who knows but I ain't buying makeup she sells.

yea I agree with you. me and a friend of mine went in to check out their products because their store looked so bright and modern but when one of the MA's approached us we both pointed out the exact same thing; how poorly her make-up was done. that was such a turn off for me so we just left.

knoxydoll

Yea it's true that they don't always hire the best MAs ever. They are usually helpful though, as long as you don't look them straight in the eyes.

Latest posts