Interview for Benefit today

MakeupMuffin

So I am so desperate for a job. I work at Victoria's Secret now and it is a horrible job. I have never bought any Benefit cosmetics, I did do my homework though. I have read through past posts about pulling people in the chairs and hard sell. I don't want to do that, we basically have to do that at VS and I hate it. I don't have the interviewer's number so I'm just going to go and see how it goes but if she makes me pull in customers I will ask her if that's what I have to do at the job. She said the whole interview will take 45 minutes to an hour, I guess it's just me. If I do have to pull in customers I will try but I'm not going to stress over it. I'm very familiar with this mall and I have never seen a Benefit gal be pushy to me or any one. I will get the occasional, "would you like your eyes to look brighter?" But that's all. I have a bad feeling about all this but I'm going in less than an hour. We'll see how it goes.
th_dunno.gif

glamdoll

I worked for them (through Macy's) for a few months, and that is pretty much your whole job. To pull in customers. Your audition will be pretty much how many people you can get in your chair, show them product and have them comit to buying a few items before you proceed.

Since they dont advertise or anything like that, that is the only way to get business. I've said this before, and I'll say it again, Benefit is not for everyone, specially shy people. You have to go to the Juniors department and pull people. It is stressing beyond words.

I didn't take the position w/ them because the STRESS was too much to handle.

Good luck! I hope this helps people understand benefit.

Its a great line for people who enjoy the pulling part.

MakeupMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamdoll
I worked for them (through Macy's) for a few months, and that is pretty much your whole job. To pull in customers. Your audition will be pretty much how many people you can get in your chair, show them product and have them comit to buying a few items before you proceed.

Since they dont advertise or anything like that, that is the only way to get business. I've said this before, and I'll say it again, Benefit is not for everyone, specially shy people. You have to go to the Juniors department and pull people. It is stressing beyond words.

I didn't take the position w/ them because the STRESS was too much to handle.

Good luck! I hope this helps people understand benefit.

Its a great line for people who enjoy the pulling part.

I just got back and I didn't proceed with the demo/audition. I was 'lucky' enough to have the regional manager be at the store so she joined in the interview. The ladies were soooo nice and very cool to talk to. I was honset with them about me not liking the trafic stopping and hard sell. She was cool as hell and thanked me for being honest.
Thanks for the info though, it's exactly what Benefit is.