Interview Process Help! Please!!!

RoMama

Hello Helpful People!

I come from an art (film) background and professionally in Tech startups. I love, LOVE, makeup, styling, fashion, etc., and thought if I am looking for a job in a new field that it has to be a job like this! So I dropped off my resume and had a quickie interview at a MAC store. I have done family weddings, film shoots, and my own (and sisters and mom's and friend's) makeup for years, and I know I'm good and creative, however I am nervous that maybe I don't have the MAC technique at my disposal. I am neat, gentle, timely, and have talent, but I am nervous as hell! They sent my res off to the Recruiter and next week I have an Interview and Makeup Application audition...

Please, Please, Please give me some tips! Anything you remember....

Some questions:

What kind of model should I bring for the demo?

Do they tell you what kind of look to do?

I know everything is provided, are they looking at technique, skill, creativity, how you talk to the client, etc.?

What are the best points to hit during the interview?

What does MAC pay in NorCal?

Is the job as fabulous as it looks?

Is there a certain protocol for the order in which things are applied in the MAC way? I.E. foundation before eyes, eyes before foundation and sculpting, moisturizer-primer-eyes-foundation-bronze/blush/highlight? Catch my drift here?

I guess I am looking for a mentor! I want this job so badly, and I am great in business interviews, I've done sales, but this is so completely new! New to retail, new to cosmetics! What points should I hit? Adding on (buy the mascara, but also the lash primer, the eyeliner, and the shadow to smudge the line...), what is some terminology that I should use and understand to really stand out in the interview? My husband has been a retail manager for years (7 For All Mankind, Lacoste, Gucci, etc.) should I listen to him or is it really different in makeup?

Thank you in advance to any kind souls who are willing to help this mother of two get back into the workforce doing a job I have dreamed of!!!!