Interview question! : )

missginamarie

First off, I think that you girls are awesome and this website is really addicting!

Anyways...Question: Do they (MAC) usually set up a demo at the interview or call later? I had my interview last friday with the regional recruiter and she explained the process of the demo (they provide the brushes, bring a model...etc), asked me which store I would prefer to work at, but she told me to keep in mind that they hire candidates that meet the criteria and that they would call me withing a two week period (I'm assuming IF they like me). The interview went pretty well and I have cosmetic and retail experience from working at Sephora for six months (and for some reason I told her five and then said "since july". My brain was fried). I know you ladies aren't mind readers, but I was just wondering! Thanks
winks.gif

tabou82

I wish I could offer some advice. I had a demo two weeks ago sans verbal interview when I thought the interview was first. Anyway, I have yet to hear back. But what is the "criteria" other than customer service and make-up application???? For me, application technique can be honed thru practice and training where as true customer service where the MUA strives to effectively and courtesously (sp) meet the needs of the consumer is a little bit tougher to instill...

missginamarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabou82
I wish I could offer some advice. I had a demo two weeks ago sans verbal interview when I thought the interview was first. Anyway, I have yet to hear back. But what is the "criteria" other than customer service and make-up application???? For me, application technique can be honed thru practice and training where as true customer service where the MUA strives to effectively and courtesously (sp) meet the needs of the consumer is a little bit tougher to instill...

Thank you for giving your input! I really appreciate it! btw...if that's you in your icon--you're really pretty!

FacesbyNiki

It really depends on the region and what the trainers schdule is like. I mean, some could be doing fashion week so when they get back, they will have all these demo interviews waiting for them. They do the verbal one and weed out who they don't want so when the trainers come back, they can begain the process. But again, it's all up to who is doing the interviewing.

With me, I came in at the right time, they were doing lots of interviews and demos. Because of that, once my interview was done, she set up my demo interview, but it still wasn't for 2 weeks later.