iPod help

euphrosyne_rose

Hopefully this is the right forum b/c I looked all over to find the appropriate place...anyway, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I have an iPod Nano and of course use iTunes. About half of my music is purchased from iTunes and the other half is from CDs I had that I imported. The other day I decided to bring my iPod to work to hook up to my computer so I could listen to my music at my desk and I brought along the cable. For some reason, I can only get the music that I've purchased from iTunes to play or even show up on my computer. All the other music I've imported doesn't even show up and I was wondering if I was doing something wrong or if it's even possible to be able to play it off of another computer. I authorized my work computer through iTunes to be able to play any of it in the first place and I do know obviously that all of it is saved on my home computer, but since it's all IN the iPod as well, shouldn't I still be able to at least play it from the computer?? Any help or feedback would be appreciated!!!

LMD84

yeah sadly that is the one thing i hate about my ipod! i can't hook it up to my hubby's pc or whatever. i think they have done it to stop pirating - like if you connect it to a friends pc and take their music and you give them your music... stoopid but there ya go!