Iran, is my favorite Story

gildedangel

I agree, I don't like dictators and I as an American want Iran to have a free democracy, but I also completely understand why the current system is in place and why that government wants to keep it that way. I took a class that focused on a few governments around the world and Iran was one of them. Their system runs a much differently than most of us realize.

I don't know a whole lot about the Muslim religion, but I am aware that Iran only considers itself a proxy government. There is a religious figure within that particular religion that is supposed to come back and eventually rule Iran. The government considers itself necessary only until this figure comes back. This is a lot of the reason behind the religious law that is in place there, and it is also a lot of the reason for corruption. The government thinks that it could be rendered useless as soon as this figure comes back, and so Iran is officially considered a Limited Democracy.

Now I am NOT defending Iran's actions in this matter and I fully think that the people should be heard if it wants to call itself a democracy. I just wanted to inform everyone about the other side of the issue a little bit to give more information about why this situation is happening. It is good to try and look at things from all angles to get a better understanding of them.
smiles.gif