Is the 227 worth buying?

catemoody

iv read how great this brush is for a highlight, but the price is crazy
36.00 for an extra $2.50 I could buy a 116 brush blush!
is this really a staple for a brush collection?
or even the 222

blindpassion

I use the 227 for highlight every time I do my makeup
smiles.gif

The 222 is awesome, but its a completely different brush. I use it for concentrating a dark color in the outer part of my crease. It works very well.

I don't own the 116, so I can't comment on it.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
smiles.gif

The 222 is awesome, but its a completely different brush. I use it for concentrating a dark color in the outer part of my crease. It works very well.

I don't own the 116, so I can't comment on it.

I'm in complete agreement about the 227 and 222.
Love the 116, but it's kind of hard to compare because these are eye brushes and it's a blush brush. But honestly, I use the 227, 222, and 116 everytime I do my makeup. They're all worth the money, IMO.

gigiopolis

It is great for a highlight, but there are other brushes you could use. For a more concentrated colour, the 239 is great. For a wash, the 217 is great as well. Granted, it won't be as easy (maybe you'll have to blend more) or as satisfying as just doing one swipe over your brow bone, but for the price I don't think the 227 is a must-have, it's a nice-to-have.

gildedangel

The 227 is a fantastic brush! If you need a cheaper alternative though, Loew-Cornell makes a Maxine Mop brush that is about the right size and works just as well, and it is much cheaper.

MacAtFirstSight

227 is not a staple imo. I never really reach for it since I have a lot of other brushes I reach for instead.
I think 252 is better to get since you can use 252 to highlight, all over color, and is good to use with pigments.

222 is not a staple either if you have loads of other brushes like 224, 217... but if you don't have any of those, you can always get the 222
smiles.gif

glassy girl

I have tons of brushes the 252 which was my highlite brush i hav the 239 and so on and i also bought the 227 and now 2 be honest i never reach 4 any of the other brushes i lov this brush!

kariii

I love the 227.. it's great to apply all over lid color or highlight color.

The 116 is pefect brush for cheek bones to apply blush. I love both!

shadowaddict

I am so in LOVE with this brush. I use it every single day. After I put my e/s primer (Too Faced Shadow Insurance) then I do an all over lid color wash with something like Vanilla, Solar White, or whatever. I was iffy at first about it too becuase of the price but I got it last year and so glad that I did.
yahoo.gif

iluvmac

I use it every day for an allover wash, to highlight my browbone, but especially to blend out any harsh line! Great brush, worth the price.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
smiles.gif

iagree.gif