Is the Mac 187 supposed to poke your face?

-Crystal-

I've wanted the Mac 187 brush forever, and finally caved in and bought it, albeit on ebay. But before doing so I did a lot of research on the difference between the real and fakes, and I'm pretty sure I ended up with an authentic brush.

This brush is great for blush/highlighting, but the main reason I've been wanting it is for stippling. Don't know if its just me, but whenever I dip the bristles into a liquid foundation they form thin little spikes and get pretty stiff, and poke against my face every time i stipple. Its not painful, but it is annoying. Definitely not what I'd call soft and dreamlike.

Maybe I'm just using the brush wrong? I really wanted to love it
ssad.gif

Lyssah

I don't have this problem with mine sorry. Maybe your foundation is thick or something? My foundation is foundation + primer so it always feels silky when stippling.

franken_stein

I guess a way to double-check the authenticity (or maybe to just see if yours is a bad one!) you could ask to try it out in the MAC store?

Sorry this is kind of an obvious comment! It might shed some light onto what might be wrong with yours, though. *shrug* Good luck!

Rioselva

I don't have the 187, but I have the sigma version and the eccotools version. I do notice that they get a little spiky. I can really feel them poking me. I figured that since they are fibre optic, that was just how they would feel.

-Crystal-

Strange..guess I'll go get it double checked at the mac store. I just tried again today with a different foundation, and the bristles still did get quite stiff and spiky.
I asked mainly to know if this was the norm, guess not. I just want to enjoy the 187 the same way everyone else has
smiles.gif

Chrystia

Do the bristles remain spiky even through application?

I know that when I clean mine the bristles dry a little bit stiff and I'd imagine they would be even more so if they were left to dry with product on the bristles. I always soften them by brushing them over the back of my hand a couple of times before I dip into product and use it on my face.

-Crystal-

Yes, it remains spiky throughout application. However, once I've used up the foundation on the bristles, it soon goes back to having soft bristles. =/

Ode to Joy

I find the black(animal) hairs of MACs duo fibre brushes (all bought authentic from MAC counters) to be very harsh on my face - my skin is very sensitive, though ...

rutiene

You're not supposed to press it so hard that those bristles are coming into contact with your face.

StyleDemonXoXo

Mine doesn't poke me. I stipple and buff. It is annoying to stipple either way cause u are poking at ur face over and over, but it shouldn't hurt or feel scratchy at all, my 187 is still soft feeling when I apply my foundation. The black bristles should never touch ur face, only the white tips.

Latest posts