is this a fair swap?

baby_love

I don't know if this is the right section to put this post in, so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong place <3

but someone on MUA wants to swap my 209 brush (used 1x) my 194se (used 2x) and my 212se (used 2x) for a BNIB pink pearl pigment or Rockin Orange glitter OR Turquoise glitter. is this fair at all? I mean, 3 brushes..they aren't brand new and two of them are se, but still...the 209 brush is a 16 dollar brush alone, and pigments are what...19 dollars now?

I don't know though.

blueyedlady87

I wouldn't, unless you never use the brushes. You can have all the eyeshadows in the world, but w/o brushes they cant live up to their full potential. Well thats my opinion anyway!

baby_love

well, I really hate flat eyeliner brushes and the 194 brush isn't really good for what I need it for, but still....3 brushes for 1 pigment or glitter doesn't sound fair at all.

I asked her if she meant swapping all of the brushes for all of the pigment/glitters she mentioned, but then it wouldn't be fair on her end.

I was thinking maybe two of her pigments for all 3 of my brushes? how does that sound to you?

and thank you btw, you saved me from getting ripped off ha.

rcastel10

If you don't feel it's fair, then you shouldn't do. To me it doesn't sound fair at all. I think she's trying to take advantage of you. Just my opinion.

sweet8684girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcastel10
If you don't feel it's fair, then you shouldn't do. To me it doesn't sound fair at all. I think she's trying to take advantage of you. Just my opinion.

My thoughts exactly. Even if you have the slightest bit of doubt in it, I'd pass on the swap.

jess98765

personally i think it's a bad idea to trade for that! i'd rather have the 3 brushes then a pigment or something, cos like you did mention, the brushes are more expensive than the pigments and also they are more useful i guess

MAC_addict_77

That does not sound fair at all. Why don't you just part with the one or two brushes you don't like for the pigment, if you REALLY want that piggie. But all three, I don't think so.

blueyedlady87

3 brushes for 2 pigments, that would be fair! I think you should pass, better stuff will come along. Trust your gut!

baby_love

ha yay, she offered me two bnib pigments for my brushes.

but thanks guys, now I know when someone is trying to take advantage. I appreciate it a lot. <3