Is this a real MAC 224 Brush

keetuh

I haven't been using MAC that long and I want a 224 brush. I'm planning on purchasing one but right now I am without a job so I'm looking for one cheap.

The reason I ask is because the letter is kind of huge.

LMD84

yeah that 224 brush looks nothing like mine at all. not just the lettering but also the silver metal bit looks different. my brush came from a mac store so i know it is real. i would skip this brush.

keetuh

Ah, too late. I decided to get it because it was cheap. The seller said it's from 6 years ago. Well, 6 years ago, I'm not sure if they even had this brush back then. I guess I can try to ask a MAC artist or someone who has been using it for this long.

keetuh

Okay so, I just had a chat with a makeup artist at MAC, she said that the brush came out approx 10 years ago and the lettering on the brush is how her older brushes look. She told me it looks very legit.

So, I guess maybe I made a good purchase.

Marissa56

I say as long as it works as good at the newer one, than you have nothing to worry about. Yeah you sometimes have to be careful what you buy online when it comes to mac, there are a lot of brushes that are not authentic (not real). Its hard to tell sometimes, because they look so similar. That is why i either buy it from the actual store or on their actual website.

User38

I have said it before and say it again.. If you want to make sure you are buying a legit brush, buy from MAC or any dept. store where it's guaranteed legit or your money back.. If you buy online be prepared to suck it up if it's a fake
2cents.gif

Rita Baumann

Tangent: I wish they would of kept the brush numbers like that. :/ My brushes have the numbers half rubbed off.

I would give a good dip in brush cleaner to rid of any micro nasties, then you are good to go I think!