Is This Fake Lustreglass??

usmcwife27

I won this auction on ebay yesterday, and before winning asked for names and boxes. All I got emailed was back is that it had boxes. In the picture only tone lustreglass says that under the MAC sign , while all the others dont. I emailed the lady 3x and she wont reply. Im very upset beacuse if it was genuine why wouldnt she just say so and give me names.

My main question is what do yall think?? And does China make Fake MAC Lustreglasses???

Thanks!!!!!!!

LOT OF 5 MAC LUSTREGLOSS!!! - eBay (item 170348166662 end time Jun-28-09 07:13:42 PDT)

gildedangel

When you get them in, you can post pictures of it (the auction ended so I can't see it). If you can post the picture please do! If they are fake, then file a claim with Paypal immediately, the 45 days that you can report it started yesterday. Keep e-mailing her relentlessly and threaten to report her if she doesn't respond within a few days. Stay calm, she may not have been on her ebay today. And yes, China makes fake everything-related-to-MAC. Good luck and keep us posted!

User27

gildedangel's right. The pics aren't zoomed in enough to get really good packaging details. It's going to take you receiving them and taking better pics of the lustreglass and the box. Pay attention to any odors as well when you get them. A friend had me scrutenize a lipglass and lipstick....the smell was nauseating. Hope it turns out well but you've gotta wait to receive it on this one.

Makeup Emporium

Have you paid for this yet? If not you should get better pictures from the seller with a close up of the packaging and the bottom of the lipglasses before paying. The tube should say Lustreglass or lipglass under the MAC but, as you mentioned, it only says it on one from what the picture shows. The fact that there are no colour names stated in the auction is another red flag. The third issue being that the seller did not give you the names when you asked.

Don't pay and wait for it to arrive. Try to get the info you need before paying. I hope it's not too late!

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup Emporium
Have you paid for this yet? If not you should get better pictures from the seller with a close up of the packaging and the bottom of the lipglasses before paying. The tube should say Lustreglass or lipglass under the MAC but, as you mentioned, it only says it on one from what the picture shows. The fact that there are no colour names stated in the auction is another red flag. The third issue being that the seller did not give you the names when you asked.

Don't pay and wait for it to arrive. Try to get the info you need before paying. I hope it's not too late!

Did you notice how easy the MAC and the product name scrapes off the fake lipglasses and lipsticks? If she's already won, it's going to be a miracle if the seller sends her pics....if anything the seller will see red flags and get scared that they're caught unless they're clueless about a middle man. She can open a claim to cancel transaction via resolution center because unsure of products authenticity. I cancelled a pigment order yesteryear for the same reason and told Ebay I refused to buy fake stuff and the pigment was clearly fake after photos sent. Contact Ebay regarding the transaction if she does send pics that leave flags up for you. Get the batch sticker off the bottom of it because there's a weird deal with the spacing on them....we've got lutreglass tubes, jars and trays all floating around Ebay. The last 2 being the worst of all 3 because people should know better. Resolution center if you refuse to pay.....

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
Did you notice how easy the MAC and the product name scrapes off the fake lipglasses and lipsticks? If she's already won, it's going to be a miracle if the seller sends her pics....if anything the seller will see red flags and get scared that they're caught unless they're clueless about a middle man. She can open a claim to cancel transaction via resolution center because unsure of products authenticity. I cancelled a pigment order yesteryear for the same reason and told Ebay I refused to buy fake stuff and the pigment was clearly fake after photos sent. Contact Ebay regarding the transaction if she does send pics that leave flags up for you. Get the batch sticker off the bottom of it because there's a weird deal with the spacing on them....we've got lutreglass tubes, jars and trays all floating around Ebay. The last 2 being the worst of all 3 because people should know better. Resolution center if you refuse to pay.....

If the seller is legit she should have no problem sending you additional pictures before you pay. So, as stated by Casadalinnis above, if she is not willing to provide the pictures then that is definitely a major red flag! But the good news will be that you did not pay so you will not be out the money.

II3rinII

if you look at her other auctions you will see her "mac brush set" thats a fake. why would she sell authentic lustreglasses but fake brushes? that alone makes me suspicious.

usmcwife27

Thank You Girls!!

I have "Not" paid yet. I asked her last night , before the auction ended this mornin to please remove my bid and she did not do so.

I talked to an ebay rep and they said that since I bid and won then Im held accountable under contract and that I have to pay. I even explained the whole possibility of it being fake and the rep didnt seem to care.

I dont want to pay for something fake. Ya know? And why is she being so fishy but not answering??

Another thing when I bid and won my auction she had "No" other makeup related auctions up, As soon as the auction ended she "added" the brush set and other "exact" auctions. Now thats fishy!!!!

What should I do??? Do I have to pay???

User27

I would get on live chat first thing in the morning with the auction number pertaining to the transaction and explain to them the packaging irregularities. Erin's right about the sellers though. If one item is fake then it's a good guess that the other items will be too....lack of conscience I've always thought. Only sellers have access to Ebay via phone so live chat is the quickest result past waiting 2 days for an e-mail from them. I'll start by reporting her auctions so they have a clue she's a faker. Make sure you tell them she won't divulge information on the products that a seller of genuine products would know....names of products, pictures....things like this. If live chat gives you the go, put in a request for cancellation of bid after Ebay's approved. They may strike the listing all together because of it not being legit but I'll start going through her other auctions for you so they have counterfeit reports attached to her name. If you do have to pay, Paypal the witch once it's received and you've seen what's up....do not accept an offer outside of her communicating through Paypal though. Sellers are now skirting the counterfeit claim by e-mailing outside of the case that's opened against them.....*cough* mommroxx for one. Wish you well and I'm jumping on her auctions.....

__________________________________________________ _______________________________
Thank You for Your Report (Community Watch) (KMM324081087V57253L0KM)Monday, June 29, 2009 2:35 AM

Listing Violations > Counterfeits and copyright violations > Potential trademark infringement > Counterfeit clothing, shoes, sunglasses and accessories

Item Numbers(s):

All three are reported involving the brush set and 2 current lustreglass auctions where she's using the same style picture.

usmcwife27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
I would get on live chat first thing in the morning with the auction number pertaining to the transaction and explain to them the packaging irregularities. Erin's right about the sellers though. If one item is fake then it's a good guess that the other items will be too....lack of conscience I've always thought. Only sellers have access to Ebay via phone so live chat is the quickest result past waiting 2 days for an e-mail from them. I'll start by reporting her auctions so they have a clue she's a faker. Make sure you tell them she won't divulge information on the products that a seller of genuine products would know....names of products, pictures....things like this. If live chat gives you the go, put in a request for cancellation of bid after Ebay's approved. They may strike the listing all together because of it not being legit but I'll start going through her other auctions for you so they have counterfeit reports attached to her name. If you do have to pay, Paypal the witch once it's received and you've seen what's up....do not accept an offer outside of her communicating through Paypal though. Sellers are now skirting the counterfeit claim by e-mailing outside of the case that's opened against them.....*cough* mommroxx for one. Wish you well and I'm jumping on her auctions.....

I spoke to ebay chat today, and they told me I "Must" pay her for I won fair and square, and that if I want I cant report her. They were no help at all
ssad.gif
If its against the rules to sale fakes then why am I oblidged to pay for something fake?

What happens if I dont pay?

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcwife27
I spoke to ebay chat today, and they told me I "Must" pay her for I won fair and square, and that if I want I cant report her. They were no help at all
ssad.gif
If its against the rules to sale fakes then why am I oblidged to pay for something fake?

What happens if I dont pay?

She files a non paying bidder more likely than not but you just made me lose faith in Ebay even further. A non paying bidder is a negative against you and you get the negative mark and they cancel your account at so many, I was told 3 but I've never had one to know for sure. When you receive it, Paypal claim as item received not as described and make sure to note the counterfeit or fake. Paypal is good for people getting ripped off because they'll hold your funds from her until a decision is reached and when it's a fake, they usually rule in favor of the buyer. Ebay used to allow you to use resolution center to try to amicably cancel the transaction if there were discrpencies in the listing but both sides had to agree. I'm sorry but she's not going to answer you probably until you file a claim or if you don't pay, she MIGHT get to messaging you trying to find out where her money's at when payment allowment runs its track.

I figured Ebay live chat were just being douches because it was the weekend because they seem a little(emphasis on the word) nicer on weekdays....they taught me how to use that center thing and told me to make sure the listing number was right. I've been nice enough to get the package of fakes and then turn the sellers' name over to Estee Lauder with address for them having counterfeits for sale....I know it's low blow but I figure they wasted my time and it can get put to use somewhere. Try one more time in the morning before taking a buyers' strike because it really isn't your fault that she chose to break federal laws and sell fraudulent goods. Ebay can be a greedy cash cow sometimes and overlook the good over the bad.

julie150463

Quote:
Thank You Girls!!

I have "Not" paid yet. I asked her last night , before the auction ended this mornin to please remove my bid and she did not do so.

I talked to an ebay rep and they said that since I bid and won then Im held accountable under contract and that I have to pay. I even explained the whole possibility of it being fake and the rep didnt seem to care.

I dont want to pay for something fake. Ya know? And why is she being so fishy but not answering??

Another thing when I bid and won my auction she had "No" other makeup related auctions up, As soon as the auction ended she "added" the brush set and other "exact" auctions. Now thats fishy!!!!

What should I do??? Do I have to pay???

Did you buy as a 'buy it now'? In the UK if you buy something then change your mind the seller can go through the 'dispute' system and cancel the sale. All you have to do is agree that you bought the item in error - the seller gets their fees back and the transaction is cancelled.

Edit - just checked and saw it was bought via auction so not sure if the dispute thing works then
ssad.gif
. If you don't pay all you will get is an unpaid strike and the seller still gets the fees back. Personally - I wouldn't pay until your were 100% happy that you were buying authentic items

usmcwife27

Nope not a buy it now.

I tried ebay chat again and this time got a nice man. He filed a report on her and told me to email Trust & something (forgot, lol) anywho he told me not to pay and that they were going to investigate.

Ive never purchased any MAC on ebay it was my first time I bid on MAC and bamn I win, but after all the fake stuff out there I just knew it was. 5 MAC Lustreglass for $25?? No way.

I hope this all gets resolved. I have 200 positive feedbacks and dont want something like this to mark me.

Ive never questioned anything and I always pay immedietley after Ive won.

So Im good on my word, but this case is different.

darklocke

I'm not defending the seller here, so please don't misunderstand - but isn't it the buyer's responsibility to ask all the questions before placing a bid? I mean, if I were selling items on eBay - authentic, mind you - I would get upset if someone placed a bid, and then decided to ask whatever questions, just to cancel the bid. A bid is binding, you know.

angi

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklocke
I'm not defending the seller here, so please don't misunderstand - but isn't it the buyer's responsibility to ask all the questions before placing a bid? I mean, if I were selling items on eBay - authentic, mind you - I would get upset if someone placed a bid, and then decided to ask whatever questions, just to cancel the bid. A bid is binding, you know.

I agree with what you're saying in principle: it is the buyers responsibility to check what they are buying, and a bid is binding, but it is also the sellers responsibility to make sure they are not contravening ebay rules, or any law, which, if these items are counterfeit this seller clearly is, and they are also misrepresenting items.

I would also say for any good responsible seller it is your responsibility to answer any reasonable question, which this seller has also not done. Given that the buyer asked for more information before the auction ended, and has asked for a bid retraction when that information was not forthcoming, I would say that everything has been done correctly, bar making a mistake with bidding before asking the questions, and lets face it, we've all bid on something we've later regretted.

I would also be emailing the seller telling them that you do not want to complete the purchase as you do not believe these to be genuine mac items. There is an option when the seller reports an unpaid item that allows the seller to select that both the buyer and seller chose not to complete the transaction, this allows the seller to get their listing fees back, and also means you don't get an unpaid strike against your account.

usmcwife27

This is true BUT I emailed her tons before the auction ended and I kindly asked to have my bid removed, she COULD have done that, there were other bidders so someone else could have won. But she choose not to do this. If yall bought fake stuff youd be mad too.

This morning I recieved this message from her "EXcatly" as follows...Did she really have to scream???

"HELLO AGAIN! THANKS FOR YOUR QUESTION! I GUARENTEE ALL IS AUTHENTIC!! I AM ON VACATION! WHEN I ARRIVE HOME I WILL LET YOU KNOW THE COLOR NAMES ON THEM! THANKS FOR YOUR PURCHASE! I CAN SEND THEM IF YOU ARE 100% SATISFIED PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND RETURN THEM AND I WILL REFUND ALL OF YOUR MONEY! THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR PURCHASE!"

User27

Quote:
This is true BUT I emailed her tons before the auction ended and I kindly asked to have my bid removed, she COULD have done that, there were other bidders so someone else could have won. But she choose not to do this. If yall bought fake stuff youd be mad too.

This morning I recieved this message from her "EXcatly" as follows...Did she really have to scream???

"HELLO AGAIN! THANKS FOR YOUR QUESTION! I GUARENTEE ALL IS AUTHENTIC!! I AM ON VACATION! WHEN I ARRIVE HOME I WILL LET YOU KNOW THE COLOR NAMES ON THEM! THANKS FOR YOUR PURCHASE! I CAN SEND THEM IF YOU ARE 100% SATISFIED PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND RETURN THEM AND I WILL REFUND ALL OF YOUR MONEY! THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR PURCHASE!"

She's mailing it as soon as she gets back, right? It's her duty as a seller to have packages mailed out in a proper time frame. I mean apparently she didn't take them with her to just flip them over and get the names. Why list an item while on vacation and unable to give information on the products you're selling? I think a seller should know what they're selling item wise and also be honest and not list fake products in the first place. It's not your fault she neglected to do her job as a seller and answer e-mails accordingly and you're right that I'd be pissed about winning fakes. I still get pissed from a pigment 3 months ago every time I see that seller still get positive feedback.

Angi's right....that process is done in the resolution center here in the states. I'm also aware a bid is binding but if it turns out the item you're bidding on is counterfeit, where is it fair that you have to pay the cost of it? A seller has to not break the law and sell copied products and then think a person with perfect feedback will roll over and take it like a witch. 5 for $25.50? Whatever MAC store she shops at, I want to switch because she won this at the cost of less than 2 lustreglasses in my land. You're handling this in the right method and I'm sorry Ebay has greedy people sometimes...she files that strike, resolution claim her behind and save the e-mails you sent and received just in case.

A bid is binding when that's the item you actually are bidding on...not when it's a misrepresentation of an item. I'd pay for an item I knew was real but Ebay will lose me all together when they start thinking I'm paying a con artist to sell me copies. You get what you pay for and it's the sellers' place to make sure you've gotten what you expected to after paying.....not a gross misrepresentation that smells like Pine Sol in a tube mixed with stagnant water. Good luck and stand your ground.
th_cheerup.gif

angi

Quote:

So, she doesn't have the items with her? So when exactly is she going to send them? Her listing states that she might take up to 20 business days to ship your item. Bearing this in mind, I don't think it's too much to ask that she waits for your money until you get those photos and colour names (if they exist!)