Is this lipstick fake? With pics.

pearl

I RIS.. Is it fake or just really old? I've never seen a lippie like this..
Sorry for the bad pics. It doen't taper at the top and the sticker looks funky!

EDIT - Very fake. Thanks for your input.

M.A.C.tastic

i am no expert but to me that looks 100% fake!!!! unless it is a really old style packaging in which case you probably wouldn't want it anyway. good luck!

Aussiechick28

I agree with the previous poster - it looks fake to me. I've been buying MAC for about 10 years now and I don't even recall my oldest lipstick coming in packaging like that.

But, it could be a LE or something i'm not familiar with. I also haven't heard of that colour before.

k0rn_peachy

I have old lipsticks with this packaging... ( bought from mac counter) but they are really very very very old ( Maybe 13 years).
BUT: Packaging of mine are not so shiny ( maybe it's your photos, I don't know) and the label under is not the same.Mines have a silver sticker with name,expiration date,weight,made in Canada by Make Up Art Cosmetic.

I'll try to make a picture when i'll bring back my camera
winks.gif

Ambi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl
Awe well I'll give it to my mom

Hopefully not for her to use. The counterfeit products should never be used, especially not on the lips or eyes, the only place to put them is the trash can.

Bernadette

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0rn_peachy
I have old lipsticks with this packaging... ( bought from mac counter) but they are really very very very old ( Maybe 13 years).
BUT: Packaging of mine are not so shiny ( maybe it's your photos, I don't know) and the label under is not the same.Mines have a silver sticker with name,expiration date,weight,made in Canada by Make Up Art Cosmetic.

I'll try to make a picture when i'll bring back my camera
winks.gif

Yup, I have a really old lipstick, about 9 years old or so. The packaging is shaped the same as that fake one but is a matte plastic like they are now. Also the sticker on the botton is silver.

panda0410

OK - strawberrynet has mac lipstick in verve available now marketed in this packaging, not sure about the base though - it only shows the packaging and the colour

User49

Yikes! Check that out! That's like the worst immitation of mac lipstick every! You poor thing! That sux! U should so get your money back!!

pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitternmyveins
Yikes! Check that out! That's like the worst immitation of mac lipstick every! You poor thing! That sux! U should so get your money back!!

I didn't buy it, I got it in a swap.
ohboy.gif

I have never seen a MAC lipstick with the two silver lines, also the bottom sticker is supposed to be silver. I have one from the Raquel Welsh collection where the sticker on the bottom is black, but it still has all the other writing around it (make-up art cosmetics toronto london etc.....like the e/s and powders and the silver sticker lipsticks). It looks completely fake.