is this normal?????

sitasati

Ok. I've never really posted much about me or my personal life but this is bothering me a LOT. I need some advice and opinions whether you guys think this is normal or not.

I met a guy online in April of 06. We started talking and it went from talking online to the phone ...yada yada, you know the drill. He's in cali, I'm in Ny. I'm going to be 25 and he is going to be 36. Yes, its a huge age difference but that's not the problem or may be it is? I don't know. To me the age does not matter, the long distance does not matter. So anyway, we talked a lot. I liked (or like?) him and I figured he liked me too. But just didn't say anything about it at the time. This is when we had not met in RL. So I was stupid and didn't know how to play the "game" and told him I liked him more than just friends. He pretty much just ignored the whole thing at first and then became a little open about it later on..may be two months later. He told me his life is unstable and he doesn't know where he will end up and I could'nt just pick up and leave NY because I have my family here and I'm still in school. So I figured ok this is an issue with him. But that's about it. That's where this issue ended, he never brought it up again.

We started talking everyday. He came to NY to see me about 8 months into knowing him and I met him it was nice. It wasn't a "DATE" because we met in a group of friends and we also met the next day just the two of us. Now I'm really shy I didn't talk to him much and nothing happened! No kissing no touching..we just hugged as friends of course and thats about it. He told me he wants to meet just as friends. So after he went back to cali ..nothing changed as in communication wise (we still talk everyyydayyyy).
But I wanted to know what next? As any normal woman would lol. This is where the problems arise. He told me first he's not sure. Much more was said but I'm giving you guys the summary.

Then he told me there was no chemistry, "you're too extreme", I don't see it happen. Oh by the way..after he went back to california..he had met a girl through his family which he started talking to. He told me about meeting girls but not really dating them. So anyway...to make a long story short..he gave me a run around and we decided to be friends so I have to get over it.

OH and! He had told a friend of mine that he didnt see me like that and yet all this time he was talking to me as if I was his girlfriend! Hmph!

So now this girl he had met..he told me what transpired between them since we're friends now :rolls eyes: He was very clear with her about his situation regarding career, location. He told her if she's not okay with it she can let him know. He told her he's pushing towards marriage. Blah blah..you know the clear cut things. She's 29 ...and I don't know much about her. But its been months since I've even brought up anything between me and him or even thought about anything.

But today I feel so betrayed and I don't know if this normal? I'm pretty far in moving on process. But it hit me and I feel like shyt. He was so clear and honest with her but with me he gave me the run around ..and probably lied. He probably didnt like the way I look or whatever but he couldn't tell me to my face. He claims how much he cares for me and how we're such good friends but all of that seems so fake because of what happened. I just need to know if this is normal. Should I be feeling like this?

Thank you guys for reading this ..if you did get this far lol.

nunu

sorry ur feeling that way sweety, it is normal 4 u to feel this way bcoz u like him so the feeling of betrayal is normal. i just think that in order for u to get over him u have 2 stop talking/ seeing him. trust me its 4 ur own god, otherwise u wont be able 2 get over him. its selfidh on his behalf to keep on talking to you about these things knowing that you have got feelings for him.
hope this helps sweety be strong you know we are here for you.

frocher

It's absolutely normal to feel the way you do, he should have been straight with you. Take care, I hope you feel better soon.

user79

It sounds like the friendship isn't going anywhere and neither is the romantic aspect, and it's hurting you. Why are you still keeping contact with him?

MACATTAK

I agree with the above...it doesn't seem to be going anywhere and it's just hurting you in the meantime. Cut ties & make yourself available for someone who is going to give you what you need
smiles.gif

elisha24

Yeah it seems like he has just had you around as the gf fill in till he found someone he liked more. Cut all ties, its not worth the pain and effort. You will find someone nicer who likes you and is ready to commit
smiles.gif

CantAffordMAC

it doesn't really sound like he ever told you that he liked you. I know that you guys talked every day for awhile, but he never told you that he was interested in you in that way. When you told him you liked him more than a friend, he ignored you. I think that he probably really just wanted to be friends, but didnt want to hurt your feelings since he knew u liked him a lot. some guys are dumb like that--they could say something as easy as "i just want to be friends--not interested" and that would stop him from leading you on, but instead he kinda avoided it altogether and led you on...unintentionally probably but who knows

i think you should just be his friend and move on. it sounds like thats what he wanted all along neways, and you will find the right guy for you. he never really seemed to be interested in you as a girlfriend, and he never seemed to say anything that would make u think he really liked you. i think he probably could have been a little more straightforward, because he knew you liked him but he couldn't just say "well i'm sorry but i don't feel the same way" I think he made it pretty clear what he wanted--especially when he told you he wasnt interested in you and then began telling you about another girl that he likes a lot.

good luck

sitasati

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
sorry ur feeling that way sweety, it is normal 4 u to feel this way bcoz u like him so the feeling of betrayal is normal. i just think that in order for u to get over him u have 2 stop talking/ seeing him. trust me its 4 ur own god, otherwise u wont be able 2 get over him. its selfidh on his behalf to keep on talking to you about these things knowing that you have got feelings for him.
hope this helps sweety be strong you know we are here for you.

Yeah I think you're right. Im going to ignore and stay busy as much as I can.

Thank you

sitasati

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
It sounds like the friendship isn't going anywhere and neither is the romantic aspect, and it's hurting you. Why are you still keeping contact with him?

Because I think somewhere deep down I was trying to prove to myself and him that I can handle this friendship. When he told me he didnt like me like that I questioned him and asked him why he never told me before? He just said he didnt knoiw. I decided not to be friends with him at that time but he was the one that insisted we stay friends.

I don't know. I know I have to cut him off. I'm going to do that.

sitasati

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
it doesn't really sound like he ever told you that he liked you. I know that you guys talked every day for awhile, but he never told you that he was interested in you in that way. When you told him you liked him more than a friend, he ignored you. I think that he probably really just wanted to be friends, but didnt want to hurt your feelings since he knew u liked him a lot. some guys are dumb like that--they could say something as easy as "i just want to be friends--not interested" and that would stop him from leading you on, but instead he kinda avoided it altogether and led you on...unintentionally probably but who knows

i think you should just be his friend and move on. it sounds like thats what he wanted all along neways, and you will find the right guy for you. he never really seemed to be interested in you as a girlfriend, and he never seemed to say anything that would make u think he really liked you. i think he probably could have been a little more straightforward, because he knew you liked him but he couldn't just say "well i'm sorry but i don't feel the same way" I think he made it pretty clear what he wanted--especially when he told you he wasnt interested in you and then began telling you about another girl that he likes a lot.

good luck

I know it sounds like that. But the content of our conversations gave me a different impression. I'm just very old fashioned I guess ..I mean why would you get so intimate with someone if ur not interested in them? But then again..you're right...guys are dumb.

sitasati

Thank you everyone for the advice. I'm gonna try very hard to ignore. I was successful today!
greengrin.gif
I didnt talk to him at all. I bought some MAC too..lol

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitasati
I know it sounds like that. But the content of our conversations gave me a different impression. I'm just very old fashioned I guess ..I mean why would you get so intimate with someone if ur not interested in them? But then again..you're right...guys are dumb.

yeah guys give us the wrong idea all the time...almost every guy i used to talk to would tell me they were interested, and we would talk everyday, but they ended up using me for sex and then we would argue and then it'd be over lol.

you can find a guy closer to home that is interested. but seriously, you can't be looking for him (i know everyone says that) but I stopped looking, and began talking to a guy over the computer (just as friends, to me) but he really liked me and I gave him a chance (i had a lot of doubts) but we worked out and its been a year and a half now
smiles.gif
good luck with everything

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitasati
Thank you everyone for the advice. I'm gonna try very hard to ignore. I was successful today!
greengrin.gif
I didnt talk to him at all. I bought some MAC too..lol

I wouldn't ignore him, I would tell him the reason why you prefer not to stay in contact anymore. Just tell him that you're on different wavelengths and you don't want the same things, and keeping up the contact with him is too difficult for you. That was he will know why you don't want to talk to him anymore.

kaliraksha

I would forget about him, if I were you. And yes, it is totally normal. You thought you had a connection. I think you guys can be friends at some point, but right now you need to get over any romantic feelings you had for him. Maybe he was just in that marrying state of life and he never gave you a thought because he figured you were younger and uninterested. So go have a great life and be young and single and unobtainable. Wait for someone who wants to be with you for you.

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I wouldn't ignore him, I would tell him the reason why you prefer not to stay in contact anymore. Just tell him that you're on different wavelengths and you don't want the same things, and keeping up the contact with him is too difficult for you. That was he will know why you don't want to talk to him anymore.

ITA! he's toxic to you, and i think you should let him know that keeping in touch with him is hurting you simply because you feel he led you on. it's totally normal for you to feel hurt and betrayed when something like this happens. i'd suggest just letting him know your feelings and telling him it's done. sorry you have to deal with this, i've been there and its hard...*hugs*

sitasati

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
ITA! he's toxic to you, and i think you should let him know that keeping in touch with him is hurting you simply because you feel he led you on. it's totally normal for you to feel hurt and betrayed when something like this happens. i'd suggest just letting him know your feelings and telling him it's done. sorry you have to deal with this, i've been there and its hard...*hugs*

Ty. Okay I will let him know. I just have no urge to speak to him anymore. It's really sad but I think I had a relapse or something. I have all those hurt feelings all over again. ::
sigh.gif
:: It's my birthday in 3 days...I just wanna be home and sulk.