Is This Real

Xqueeze_me

THEY'RE ALL FAKES!!!! DON'T TOUCH THEM!

- Barcodes are PRINTED = FAKE
- Thick jar bases (even if there's colour label) = FAKE
- Description on the back of the box almost dominates that whole side = FAKE
- Shade numbers only = FAKE

This seller, nabeelkarim, has been reported in the eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedhead1988
Hi there, was just browsing ebay to see what MAC cosmetics they had on when i came across these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BNIB-MAC-PIGME...QQcmdZViewItem

Theres loads more from the same seller but are they real ???? xxx

Bedhead1988

ohh thanks so much for lettin me know. im not to great at spotting fakes and im sure i bought one from ebay not so long ago i shall post a pic up and maybe sum1 can tell me
smiles.gif
xxx

rockin

All nabeelkarim's pigments are fake, and they appear to have some link with cutebabydoll6 who also sells fakes. MAC are now aware of this, and I hope they get their ebay accounts closed down for it.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
All nabeelkarim's pigments are fake, and they appear to have some link with cutebabydoll6 who also sells fakes. MAC are now aware of this, and I hope they get their ebay accounts closed down for it.

I hope so too!

How are you enjoying your freebies Dazzleray and Lily White piggies, rockin?
greengrin.gif

rockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
I hope so too!

How are you enjoying your freebies Dazzleray and Lily White piggies, rockin?
greengrin.gif

I got Dazzleray and Shimmertime, and they're both absolutely gorgeous
th_DANCE.gif
Now I know why people are so keen to get a real Dazzleray
smiles.gif
I just need to learn how to use them to best effect now.

Sorry about the delay in replying - I was just reporting nabeelkarim's newest listings

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
these are the 3 pigments i bought from ebay ..... are they real , i bought them quite a while ago

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=230171462682
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=230171471146

Darling, I'm sorry to tell you that these 2 are fakes.

- Position of sticker label on top of box is WRONG = FAKE
- Shade number ONLY = FAKE
- Thick jar bases = FAKE
- First "/" of the Net Wt description is more vertical than the second "/" = FAKE
- MAC font in front of box is too bold = FAKE
- Display hole on front of box is not lined centrally, ie. display hole is not centered between "PIGMENT" and the Net Wt description = FAKE
- Inconsistent fonts = FAKE

Could you see if the back of the box, fifth line down, it should say POLVOS CON PIGMENTOS.. does yours say PLGMENTOS? That's a counterfeit trait as well.

gipsy.bling is also reported in the eBay sellers/fakers to AVOID thread.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
I got Dazzleray and Shimmertime, and they're both absolutely gorgeous
th_DANCE.gif
Now I know why people are so keen to get a real Dazzleray
smiles.gif
I just need to learn how to use them to best effect now.

Sorry about the delay in replying - I was just reporting nabeelkarim's newest listings

Ahhh! Sorry! My bad. Dazzleray and Shimmetime that is! I think Shimmertime is absolutely gorgeous. I still don't really know how to use them since my eyelids are single-lidded. DAMMIT! The "eyeshadows" tend to disappear when I open my eyes.
thmbdn.gif

No need to apologise for the delay! Its good to report those fakers.

rockin

Bedhead, have a good read of the guide on the fake pigments thread, and you'll soon be able to spot the fakes a mile off. I also made the mistake of buying fake pigment, and am very grateful to wolfsong for pointing me in the direction of this site.

Bedhead1988

Well i wont be buying anymore mac from ebay lol... and even tho the silver one is fake its pretty good but the other 2 are naff
smiles.gif
xxx

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Well i wont be buying anymore mac from ebay lol... and even tho the silver one is fake its pretty good but the other 2 are naff
smiles.gif
xxx

Hmmmm... well.. The horrible thing about fakes are:

- There may be harmful ingredients used to make them crap fakes (According to this article posted by ms_bloom)

- It may cause skin irritation or maybe even blindness in the long run... etc

- Like one of the Specktrettes said here, (thanks Ambi, I will always remember this!!!) all the counterfeiters want are your money and they don't care about your health and if it contains rat poison, whatever. They just want your money.

Bedhead1988

i suppose your all right , i will be buying from a mac store from now on
smiles.gif
as im totally in love with the stuff
love.gif
. xxx

rockin

Actually, the 3rd one in your list, the Cornflower, was sold to you by Beverleybelle - I believe that one is legit. Maybe Xqueeze_me could confirm that?

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Actually, the 3rd one in your list, the Cornflower, was sold to you by Beverleybelle - I believe that one is legit. Maybe Xqueeze_me could confirm that?

You're right. Please accept my sincere apology!!! I only checked the first 2 and assumed the 3rd is from the same seller.

Yes, the 3rd pigment from Beverleybelle is AUTHENTIC.
smiles.gif

Bedhead1988

i tried it last night (cornflower) , it didnt go on to well .... didnt seem to have much color in it at all . I sat the silver and the cornflower together last night ...the cornflower has a thicker base than the silver and at the back i did notice something with the writing

on the back it said MAC pigment bla bla bla
But on the other one it said Pigment bla bla bla

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
i tried it last night (cornflower) , it didnt go on to well .... didnt seem to have much color in it at all . I sat the silver and the cornflower together last night ...the cornflower has a thicker base than the silver and at the back i did notice something with the writing

on the back it said MAC pigment bla bla bla
But on the other one it said Pigment bla bla bla

Hmm.. It would be easier if you could provide pics of the pigments that you bought from eBay so we can see....

dizzygal

I have bought from beverleybelle and her stuff is the real deal, gipseybling is another story though she used to be maplecloset and all her stuff is fake