IsaDora

eve62

Hi,

Sorry if this topic has already been posted.

Has anyone tried any of the Isadora products? i keep seeing them at Walgreens, but they are really spendy (right up there with a lot of high end makeup...the thing is i live in the middle of nowhere...so sometimes i really need a color...and gotta shop a drugstore for it until i can get to a bigger city).

Thanks for any input.

LipstickChick

I think Isadora is one of the great d/s lines, even if it's a bit pricey for its location. If you found Isadora in a dept. store, I don't think anyone would hesitate paying the price they ask for -- the quality is definitely there!

I adore their e/s -- they're soft, silky and very pigmented, and they come in some really nice arrangements. Their blushes and bronzers are just as phenomenal -- in fact, it's pretty much all of their powder products that I have high raves for.

I've not tried a lot in their lipstick line, but what I have tried has been good (though I love the eye stuff more).

HTH a little bit!

eve62

Thank you, i have seen some of their neat combo's i was tempted to buy, but wanted to get some feed back first.

sigwing

I've gotten some of the e/s trios & quads and just love the stuff! It is humorous to catch myself gasping at the price, but then turning around & paying $13.50 for a single MAC e/s!

A few weeks ago, they actually did put this line on a weekly special, which doesn't happen often. They do have awesome combinations in their shadow sets, and if you look at Walgreen's online, you might find some that they don't have at your local store. At least that's the case with mine.

I have a Jungle green set that the colors are really nice subtle greens, then I have a Plum Bronze set that is a beautiful quad, the browns are all nice, and then they have bright stuff, too. And I don't know, but I'd guess you could apply them with a damp applicator to get bolder color if you like.

user3

I really want to try this line but I am with you it's pretty pricey for a d/s line.
Maybe I will pick up an item or 2 just to see how the line works.

Quiana

I have only tried a liquid liner they had out around the Holidays. It was black with silver giltter--not full size--very small--for like $8. It was cute though, but $8 for a little container is too much....BUT I do buy MAC and NARS so go figure
th_dunno.gif

sigwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambidextrous
in Austria Isadora is sold at Dep.stores, so here it goes as "cheap" depstore line...

That makes sense, because I actually thought it kind of looked out of place for Walgreens, but figured they're trying to upgrade their cosmetic section to offer a whole range of products, including nicer quality ones. And like I said, when I remind myself that I've paid $13.50 for a single MAC shadow, and I find an Isadora quad that's not on sale & is maybe $12, I go ahead & get it! And I've been glad I did. The ones I have, all 4 of the shades are good, there's not one or 2 that are weirdly stuck in there with the ones I really wanted, they're great quality and just beautiful colors.