Items Being DCd on MAC Site as of 24 Feb 08

MAC_Whore

I was cruising around maccosmetics.com this a.m. and noticed a good amount of triangles of death (ToD), most of which I had already heard of here, but I did see a few surprises.

Here are the regular, not LE, items I noticed sporting a triangle:

Lipgelees
  • Lu-Be-Lu
  • Dewy Jube
  • Jellicious
  • Lush is Lust - This doesn't have a ToD, but does say "Sold Out, Find Stores" which can be indicative of a reg product being DCd.

Paint
  • Architecture Paint

Blush
  • Hushabye

Eye shadows
  • Fade
  • Zonk Bleu!
  • Velvet Moss - Oh, I'm pissed about that one!

Lipstick
  • Frenzy

Shadesticks
  • Royal Hue - Of course they DC this right before the big purple and yellow trend takes off for spring/summer. Grrrrrrrr.....
  • Silverbleu

Brushes
  • #269 - Medium Angle Brush

Concealer
  • Studio Stick: NW50

Foundations and Powders
  • Moistureblend Foundation: NW40, NW47
  • Select Sheer Loose Powder: NW43

A few things I noticed:

+ Man, Virtuous Violet TLC and Iris Eyes Fluidliner disappeard before I got to pick up a spare.

+ Why is Fibre Rich mascara showing "Whole Brown" as their only colour? Where is black?

matsubie

frenzy's had that triangle next to its name forever.

it was my first lipstick purchase from MAC more than 10 years a go.
i better buy some before it leaves us.

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Eye shadows
  • Velvet Moss - Oh, I'm pissed about that one!

ME TOO! A few months ago I couldn't believe it when I saw the TOD next to it on the MACpro site. I ordered 2 and fell in love with the color. And 2 weeks ago while shopping at a CCO, I bought 3 more knowing they're going to be discontinued. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this color and even though I saw other shadows I wanted that day, I made the decision to use my "3-limit" for Velvet Moss.....How could MAC discontinue this color? It goes with so many other colors, applies like butter and is so flattering to my skin.

I am so glad I got those back-ups!

elektra513

My first MAC purchase ever: When the Metal Rock MSF was released (long while ago, hehe) an MA sold me Royal Hue to go with Star Violet & Trax (before I knew a/b makeup and Specktra) and I didn't understand why I needed it, and returned it, never the wiser. Fast forward to a year ago, and its been on my "to buy" list for ever to try it again. Now that I know a/b all the different ways to use it, I'm kicking myself that I didn't keep it (and buy more). *sigh* Gonna have to re-buy it now...

elektra513

Oh, and I'm not too sad a/b NW43 Select Sheer Loose going...I wore the wrong color for almost a year and I'm little bitter
ssad.gif

Trista

First my beloved Femme Noir was discontinued and now Velvet Moss is getting the axe?! MAC is getting rid of my favorite greens!!
ssad.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trista
First my beloved Femme Noir was discontinued and now Velvet Moss is getting the axe?! MAC is getting rid of my favorite greens!!
ssad.gif

Agreed. They better throw the green-lovers a bone! Perhaps the have something good up their sleeve. I will drop this hint though.....there is a sweet dark green pigment expected this year. It's hot.
winks.gif