J.Lo is evil!

user2

She used mink lashes for her new video!

I mean, how sick is that?

She also word fox lashes to the Oscars two years ago! That's just eww!And you know who did them? Shu Uemura!!!

Hawkeye

Even though I do find her use of animal fur repulsive, at the same time I love watching Peta and those wackos go nuts over it. It makes for quite amusing entertainment.

user2

It's not "going nuts over it", it's about showing the world how animals are getting tortured for a coat or a hat! You know that they peel off the fur while the mink or fox or some animal is still alive? That's more than sick!

Juneplum

lol youbeabitch ... while i must agree that some peta members ARE a bit extreme, i abhor the use of animal fur. it repulses and angers me to no end.
angry.gif

Gloriamgo

PETA isn't the greatest organization out there either...I think it's funny how they want to judge people who wear fur, but are not past using violence to get their point across, I guess people don't matter as much as the animals.

It's also a very hypocritical (sp?) organization...did you know that the woman in charge is a diabetic? AND, the insulin she uses is made with animal byproducts and developed using animal testing, which they supposedly also do not like...but I guess it's okay since it's for her health...Ummm, excuse me, but animal testing in medical research has led to some very important and helpful breakthroughs in medicine that benefits all of our health! PETA is stupid to me.

Hawkeye

I'm not saying the practice is good or funny. Its very sad and inhumaine however, the way some of those peta folks are its absolutely hysterical.

I have many favorites of some extreamist and their commercials are also very entertaining. My favorite to date is how they compared animal cruelty to slavery and the holocost.

You know there are some nutjobs on every side of every issue. I have to admit,everytime I hear someone is a member of Peta I automatically put caution up because of the nutjobs out there. Maybe if they werent so nutty and entertaining a message could get across without being found as insane, nutty, or just all in all funny.

oh dont forget peta also is for euthanization of animals. I thought they wanted the animals not to die but its ok to go ahead and kill them if there are too many? What the hell? THIS coming from an e-mail I recieved complaining about the limits of # of animals.

mac_obsession

PETA is a horrible organization. They use horrible deplorable tactics and to the extreme. They use threats, and bodily harm, they even have a convicted bomber and arsonist on the payroll - which have used their "skills" to prevent people from wearing fur.

I dont like fur, I wont wear fur, but I dont condemn those that do.

I do applaud organizations like greenpeace, that douse baby seals in red paint so that people wont kill them for their skin before it turns black. They are like the cutest things on the planet and I hate that people kill them for their skin. Its stupid to me, to kill something so beautiful for a jacket. I wouldnt stop talking to someone that had one, but I would express how sad it makes me that someone would go out of their way to kill something only for its skin..

Professor Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloriamgo
PETA isn't the greatest organization out there either...I think it's funny how they want to judge people who wear fur, but are not past using violence to get their point across, I guess people don't matter as much as the animals.

It's also a very hypocritical (sp?) organization...did you know that the woman in charge is a diabetic? AND, the insulin she uses is made with animal byproducts and developed using animal testing, which they supposedly also do not like...but I guess it's okay since it's for her health...Ummm, excuse me, but animal testing in medical research has led to some very important and helpful breakthroughs in medicine that benefits all of our health! PETA is stupid to me.

wow, sounds a lot like pro lifers.

so_siqqq

PETA are hypocrits. Most people don't know that they've unethically put to death over 10,000 dogs and cat since 2003 at their HQ in Virginia. Back in June police found two PETA employees disposing I think about 18 dogs including puppies in a dumpster. They've attacked research centers like the American Cancer Society. PETA's president has even publicly announced that she will not support the cure for AIDS if it is found because it involved animal researching/testing.

I don't support the use of fur as clothing. But PETA is just hyporcrytical and violent. They're supposed to be People for Ethical Treatment of Animals. What's so ethical about killing their own animals and bashing on others just because they don't agree with their views.

PETA also uses a majority of their donations to dispose of their animals and support violent groups. They support arsonic groups such as the North American Earth Liberation Front (ELF) and the Animal Liberation Front (ALF). In 90s PETA paid $70,200 to ALF to burn down a Michigan State University research laboratory.

Hawkeye

Peta is a pretty rough organization. I sadly must say I was once a member of Peta and it didnt go well. Those people are lunatics. I went to one meeting and it scared the hell out of me.

They really are a terrorist group. I mean they are so crazy and obsessive it is scary. I mean the only way I can describe the mentality of how nutty these people are is probably the way we describe terrorist organizations

Very bad group.

I will actually even go as far as to say, these people are so deranged, that to be perfectly honest, one day I walked in on a Klan meeting (it was an accident, I will go into details if you wish how I managed to find my way there) and to be very honest, the same hatred and ignorance and hypocracy they used at the Klan meeting was the same as PeTA's! The only difference was one was wanting the supreme race to be animals and the other only white people.

Crazy ass shit.

GreekChick

Why Kill A Poor Little Fox For A Set Of Eyelashes That Youre Only Going To Wear Once And Throw Away......were Not Talking A Purse Or A Coat Here People...were Talking About Eyelashes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mspixieears

I'm completely against animal cruelty for beauty but alas, PETA do not always do a great deal to further their supposed causes.

I dunno...I have this weird theory that perhaps instead of criticising people for not being vegetarians, they should focus on making the meat industry as suffering-free as possible for the animals. So from the moment an animal is conceived, even if for human consumption, it should live as happy a life as it can till slaughter time.

It sounds wacko? Hope not. But reminds me how the Dutch have gov't-funded labs where ppl can get their recreational yet illegal drugs checked to make sure it's not mixed with other shit. They have figured out somewhere along the line that drug users' lives can be saved rather than preaching about it being a criminal activity.

Harm minimisation rather than all-out punishment.

Off the soapbox...now.

MrsWaves

Penn & Teller Bullshit. If you ever get a chance, watch the one they do on PETA. Very interesting.

SugarAsh182

Wow the lashes are a little extreme... but do they really kill the animals in order to make the lashes? You would think that such a little amount of hair could have been collected while grooming or something. Just an idea...

Anyways, I come from a cold climate (Michigan) and my dad hunts, so I really see no problem with wearing fur, as long as you need it and as long as you use the rest of the animal for food (yes I'm talking rabbits, and bear and deer here). But c'mon JLo... it's just so extreme. Does she really need all of that stuff?

I'm not really knowledgable enough about PETA to jump into that discussion... so I just wanted to put my 2 cents in
smiles.gif
For whatever it's worth.

PS I hope I didn't offend any vegetarians/animal lovers!

caffn8me

M·A·C doesn't kill ponies, goats or oxen to make its brushes and I'm sure it's possible to harvest hair from mink for eyelashes without killing the animals too.

Now as for whether J. Lo is evil or not is another matter. She's already been banned from one of my regular restuarants for her diva behaviour
winks.gif

iiifugaziii

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim
It's not "going nuts over it", it's about showing the world how animals are getting tortured for a coat or a hat! You know that they peel off the fur while the mink or fox or some animal is still alive? That's more than sick!

vuittonvictim: They don't kill the entire animal just to get hair from it. for example: violin bows are made of horse hair.. they don't kill the horse to get the hair. did you know that L Vuitton uses real leather for their bags. you have to kill the animal in order to get that...

Professor Fate

do you think anyone would be interested in a professor fate skin coat? i would easily sell my skin for the right amount of money.

Miss Marcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim

i'm not trying to be a brat here but aren't Louis Vuitton bags made of leather? You seem to be a fan of those.....Acquiring leather is just as icky and mean, so isn't that hypocricy? Well maybe not allllll of them are leather, but my roommate's is so i just assume. Just an observation that i found to be humorous. I mean no disrespect of course.