J.Lo is evil!

user2

of course I know that LV bags are made of leather but leather to me is something of a byproduct! When you slaughter a cow you just take the meat and the rest usually is waste!
So there's more use of a whole cow than of a mink!

Miss Marcy

not in all cases. theres actually a large amount of leathers imported from india and europe that were from animals killed solely for the skin. perhaps some research is in order before the preaching begins.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Marcy
perhaps some research is in order before the preaching begins.

Goodness, preachers never let facts get in the way of a good argument!
winks.gif

Professor Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
Oh! oh! how about 5,000? Will you take 5,000?

please, better come up with something better than that.

Professor Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
I love you but your skin is not worth more than that! :p lol

well,how much you offering for me.....whole.
graucho.gif

Lele

I personally don't see what the big deal is. Then again, I'm not much of an animal rights activist. If she's got the money and the means, more power to her. Besides, you have to admit, mink lashes are just plain fabulous.

makeup_junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lele
I personally don't see what the big deal is. Then again, I'm not much of an animal rights activist. If she's got the money and the means, more power to her. Besides, you have to admit, mink lashes are just plain fabulous.

i agree with you. i suppose it's not nice to kill animals for their fur...but it's just so pretty. one thing i do not understand is why people think it's inhumane to wear python or mink and yet wearing leather is okay. and just for the record, there are many types of cow that are killed specifically for the leather, not to utilize the other parts of the animals. i have a pair of blue croc marc jacobs pumps that i adore.

Ms. Z

I am totally for the ethical treatment of animals; I don’t know much about the PETA organization, but from what I have seen in the media their tactics are extreme. I wish that they would use most of that passion to go after pedophiles.

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLoves2Shop
I am totally for the ethical treatment of animals; I don’t know much about the PETA organization, but from what I have seen in the media their tactics are extreme. I wish that they would use most of that passion to go after pedophiles.

And those who commit domestic violence or rape.

floatinglili

PETA are targetting australian wool growers for tail docking, as they say that it is cruel. But tail docking protects the sheep from a slow and painful death called 'fly strike', where maggots eat into the body from the wool on the tail!
for a farmer to not tail dock would be gross cruelty.
peta don't research their topics very well, and they come from an antagonistic position from the start

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatinglili
PETA are targetting australian wool growers for tail docking, as they say that it is cruel. But tail docking protects the sheep from a slow and painful death called 'fly strike', where maggots eat into the body from the wool on the tail!
for a farmer to not tail dock would be gross cruelty.
peta don't research their topics very well, and they come from an antagonistic position from the start

Not exactly, it's 'mulesing' that they are against. I read the PETA report and get this: it states that 40% of Australian farmers DO NOT engage or endorse the adoption of this cruel practice. So, does PETA care about the farmers in the wool industry who DON'T resort to such cruelty? From what I gather, no. They say outright just boycott Australian wool. Groan!

Re: docking, it's also the faeces around the bottom that causes infestations, the 'dags', so basically you have to be a really devoted farmer, keeping the sheep clean, manually if need be. I'm glad that some farmers care enough about their sheep to actually wash them themselves!

eyeshadowfreak

While I do agree that the PETA people are extremists, I do have a problem with fur unless it's known to be cruelty free, meaning the animal was killed before it was skinned.

It's totally possible J.Lo's false lashes could come from snipping some hair off a live animal. I have an issue with her fashion line being full of fur because chances are it's not cruelty free fur (which is, from my understanding, significantly more expensive than regular fur).

That being said, I believe animals are for humans' use, but only 1) if they are suffering for a greater good like medications or medical treatments and 2) if they are killed first before being taken apart for their assets.

That's my 2 cents if anyone's interested.

Lo-Fi_Thriller

this is my opinon and im going to be probally shot down but im going to hide behing the first right of a US citizen... freedom of speech...

first off PeTa is targeting two animals industries: Vivisection and Fur Salons. they shouldnt mess with either.

PeTa is bullshit and i believe their beliefs are so messed up its not even funny they euathanize more animals than any other vivisection medical site or any allergy testing, product producing labortories that are out there, and PeTa isint doing it for any reason but just to get attention and supposedly spread the word of animal crulity, we OWE our lives to vivisection animals for they have purpose of scientific research and developement, but PeTa believes they are just doing that to animals for FUN they should be targeting certian people, like the guys who keep putbulls and fight them, or people who are using dolphins with lazerbeams for terroist attacks.- we own our everyday lives to vivisection donated animals, if it wasnt for them we wouldnt have 70% of makeup & skincare, 90% of medicine or half of what we eat, since they test dyes and chemical on vivisection animals before they put the chemicals into our everyday food stuffs. when they suposedly "rescue" thoes animals from vivisection testing centers all they do is bring them back to PeTa headquarters record video threats with the animals in the background and lock them up in another cage until they feel justice has been served if the animals die in THEIR cages they just throw them in a dumpster and point their fingers and blame the main source.

i believe people have their choice to wear fur or not, i love fur. Fur Salons dont get their fur from horribly slaughtered animals, the fur comes from animals bred specifically to be used for thoes coats, they mostly gas the animal til it dies. not slitting their throats or letting them sit in a cage waiting for them to die

(end rant)

macbeautyyadix

I agree that killing an animal for their fur when it is not absolutely necessary for survival is wrong, however, I do know that mink lashes on the market today are made from hair that is shaved off the animal -- meaning the animal is not harmed. So I would not go without considering the fact that the lashes jlo wore were made without harming any foxes either