Japanese Fashion

snugglebunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild
There's this Japanese bookstore in Hawaii that sells Japanese magazines and that's what I use to be inspired by their fashion. I just bought one yesterday and the magazine is called Cawaii. Great layouts with trendy clothes, makeup/hair tutorials and nails! I can't ask for anything more! Too bad I can't read Japanese!

when I was on vacation, I remember going to a department/grocery japanese store while in Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii.

It's at Ala Moana Mall, and the store is called Shirokiya, if I remembered correctly. Upstairs is the grocery (where they sell a severely-limited amount of japanese brand makeup) and downstairs is the department store where they sell keychain goodies, plushies, authentic pure silk kimonos (expensive), and they've got an area for magazines and books. I noticed that the Japanese magazines were sealed up so I couldn't open any up to steal a peek
ssad.gif
They costed ALOT. One magazine was $20. I wanted one so badly but $20 is so much for one copy. I remember it was on a rack displayed apart from the novels/books.

hope that helps
smiles.gif

magg0rz

Thanks for the post! I've been interested in Japanese fashion since high school when I was a huge manga reader.