Japanese/Korean Foundations

aggrolounge

Has anyone used any brands of foundation that they like? I am curious about foundations from japan and korea because of my skin tone, and because I love the focus on lightening and pore minimizing that a lot of the products claim to have.
I hate to order stuff blindly, so just wondering if anyone has any experience?

mizuki~

I'm not much help but if you stated your skin type and what kind of coverage you're looking for, it might be easier to get answers. Also, what kind of foundation, liquid or powder.

Some good Japanese brands (actually sub brands) to look into are Coffret D'or, Revue, Ettusais, Primavista, Raycious, RMK. That's all I can think of right now..I personally don't have any experience with Japanese foundations yet but I did place a few orders on them recently. As for Korean foundations..I don't know any..only BB creams. Sorry
ssad.gif

aggrolounge

Thanks guys! And yeah, what I'm looking for is something that is fairly matte and has good coverage. My skin is combination and fairly spastic, but since it's getting warmer outside it's fair to guess it's going to be oily for awhile.

Colorwise, I am a pretty bizarre color. Very, very, very fair with beige/true olive undertones. Not warm, not cool.. just weird.

Does that help?

ladyJ

I used to use Lanegie foundation. It is a korean foundation. It has pretty good coverage and doesn't make you look oily. That's the only one I've used. Ihope is a good brand also but expensive. I used to go to the korean make up place (Amore) with my mom a lot and they always recommened Laneige for the younger generations and the more high end stuff for the older generation. I heard Shiesido foundation is good too. I've only tried samples of it and I liked it. Sorry I'm not much help but I do like the Laneige foundation. it is a lot of product and nice packaging.

kittykit

You can try RMK, Kose and Shiseido. I personally do not use them but my sister does. I'm currently using the Korean brand - Missha BB Cream and I really like it. It lightens my skin tone and is a good coverage for spots (I use MAC Studio Sculpt concealer on the top of it).

aggrolounge

I was looking at Laneige foundations the other day! I wish I could tell more from the color swatches.. but it seems pretty nice for the price. Unfortunately Shiseido and Kose are both pretty pricey for me right now x___x maybe I'll have to put off this experiment until after I'm through with school, lol..!!

JoyC

RMK liquid and cream foundation are both the top rated foundation in japan for years~ the liquid is very watery and light yet covers well~ the cream is more moisturising so I guess it's not for u~

As for Korean, They are more into BB creams and powder foundations~