Japonesque brushes vs. Sephora brushes

astronaut

Aren't they exactly the same? If so, I guess it's more worth it to go with Japonesque since I see them on sale at Ulta sometimes whereas Sephora brushes won't ever go on sale.

elektra513

I've never tried Japonesque brushes, but if they go on sale, they're cool w/me
greengrin.gif

I have Sephora and Sonia Kashuk brushes.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
I've never tried Japonesque brushes, but if they go on sale, they're cool w/me
greengrin.gif

I have Sephora and Sonia Kashuk brushes.

Japonesque is on sale at ULTA for 15% off.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
Japonesque is on sale at ULTA for 15% off.

And you can use the 3.50 or 20% off coupon for them too! Wooo!
clap.gif

And if you go to this page:

http://www.japonesque.com/prod_private.html

look at Custom Makeup tools and Accessories. If you look closely, it's Sephora. I always thought something was up when I saw some of the stuff Sephora has looks exactly like Japonesque. So I guess Sephora buys some of their brushes from them? And does anyone know if it's the exact same product (quality) except there's just a different label slapped on?

jenii

Not sure, but I have a Japonesque brush (and have tested most of their other ones), and I think they are great. I've never really tried Sephora brushes.

astronaut

bump (a year later hah). I want to know if Sephora is basically just Japonesque! Like how people say Napoleon Perdis= La Femme

Kuuipo

Sephora has some brushes that are identical to brushes in other lines and are as good or better! The stippling brush at Sephora is the equivocal brush of the 187 except for a silver handle, there are a few brushes at Sephora that look and feel exactly like NARS or MAC brushes, and a few unique (but necessary to me) brushes like the racoon fan brush or the buffer brush (a super soft better quality version of BE Heavenly Face Brush). The Japoneque feel like Sephora's regular line, the platinum pro line is like bits and pieces of other brush lines. Sephora brushes are really a nice quality if you are buying them individually.